Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orkney

buy slingTV direct OR through roku?

I purchased access to slingTV, peacock, and netflix directly from those websites, then entered the info into the app on my roku tv.

1) Is it possible to sign-up through the roku website and have one bill from roku with all 3 providers?

2) Does anyone subscribe to services through roku?  Is there any advantage to this?

Interested to know.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: buy slingTV direct OR through roku?

My personal opinion is to never subscribe to anything through Roku.  The only advantages I can think of are that your subscriptions can be managed in one place and you will be automatically authenticated when you add a Roku device to the same Roku account.  On the other hand, you will only be able to use those subscriptions on a Roku device.  If that's all you ever plan on using, then that may not be a con.  In general, you also won't be able to take advantage of any deal (like veteran or senior citizen pricing) or any kind of bundle.  It's also not unusual for a "Roku" subscription to have different content, especially if accessing the content through "The Roku Channel".  Finally, there's the issue of trying to deal with Roku support when something goes wrong.  Just peruse the Account, Billing, & Orders section of this "community" to see how well that goes for people.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos