Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngelaR
Channel Surfer

Re: apple tv+ videos not available

Jump to solution

I’ve done something similar: I move my Roku device to a different tv and start whatever isn’t working and then move the device back to my original tv. It usually works but your idea is so much better/more convenient. Next time, I’ll try starting the show on my iPad or iPhone first. Thanks!

0 Kudos
slvslv

Jump to solution

FINALLY A SOLUTION!!!  Just saw this posted on Reddit.  It absolutely worked for me.  Simply change your AUDIO settings as follows:

Settings -> Audio -> HDMI -> change “auto detect” to Dolby Digital.

No restart required.  Thank you "MeatyOchre!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/ms1h19/apple_tv_channel_not_working_video_not_available/h9r6p...

Zario
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes!!! Finally a permanent solution! Thank you 

0 Kudos
JNZ

Re: Apple TV App - Video Unavailable

Jump to solution

I'm having this exact problem. I've tried the same things with no luck. I've talked to both Roku and AppleTV+ support, and no help. Frustrated!

0 Kudos
AngelaR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This worked for me for two weeks. I wanted to watch the season two finale of Ted Lasso this morning and OF COURSE this fix no longer works. 🤬

Edit:
I tried again and in the time it took to type the above paragraph it worked again. 

0 Kudos
bozlax
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@slvslv wrote:

FINALLY A SOLUTION!!!  Just saw this posted on Reddit.  It absolutely worked for me.  Simply change your AUDIO settings as follows:

Settings -> Audio -> HDMI -> change “auto detect” to Dolby Digital.

No restart required.  Thank you "MeatyOchre!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/ms1h19/apple_tv_channel_not_working_video_not_available/h9r6p...

For my Roku 3800 I had to go "Settings" -> "Audio" -> select "Stereo" instead of "Auto (DD)". Just fyi.

0 Kudos
MichaelDB

Jump to solution

Your solution works for me – thank you! I’ve been looking for the solution for so long. And it’s frustrating that Apple‘s channel behaves this way!

I appreciate the post!

0 Kudos
NatyA112

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! I had tried everything and when I saw your suggestion I ran and changed to 4K 60hz and BAM! It worked!! *Virtual double high five*

@Techrules wrote:

Hi,

I had this same issue and was able to resolve by turning off auto detect video on the Roku settings.

I changed my setting from 4k HDR 60hz to 4k 60hz. I was able to play all videos after this change 

0 Kudos
Bishopw

Jump to solution

Resetting the Roku video from autodetect to 4k-60 Hz worked perfectly for me for my Samsung QLED display. I now receive Apple TV and can watch Foundation!  I noted that 4K-60 Hz UHD does not work. Thanks!

0 Kudos
4K-K4

Jump to solution

Thanks, that worked for me. However, the Roku stick worked great after initial setup right out of the box. It wasn’t until after the 3 episode that we tried to watch that it started showing the Video Unavailable message. Roku stick 4k V.2021

0 Kudos