Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daeng

amazon prime video is available in Singapore and Malaysia why block it? Netflix works

Jump to solution

already contacted amazon, netflix works flawlessly why can't amazon prime videos?

Model: roku express 3900++

from amazon:
I apologize for the inconvenience you had with our Prime video service.

I understand that you would like to stream Prime Video on your Roku device.

I could see that as per Prime Video web page Roku device is supported in Singapore or Malaysia.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: amazon prime video is available in Singapore and Malaysia why block it? Netflix works

Jump to solution

@Daeng 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: amazon prime video is available in Singapore and Malaysia why block it? Netflix works

Jump to solution

@Daeng 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Are there any steps being taken with the Amazon team to enable the channel in Singapore, Malaysia and other regions with native access to Prime Video? 

Are there other ways we can access Prime Video in Roku outside of the channel?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Anonymous_APAC

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend following the suggestion provided by @RokuDanny-R above. Amazon Support is the best one to provide details about their channel availability in certain regions and devices.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Amazon has clearly stated it supports Singapore and Malaysia for prime. Why the back and forth when all it takes is an update to include the prior mentioned countries ?  Roku am disappointed , is your customer service portal entirely isolated from your technical team ? Or u have no intent to solve a simple problem and move on progressively . 

Anesh from Singapore 

FYI - your packaging does not state for U.S only . The rest of the world are well informed as well. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Disapp0inted wrote:

... all it takes is an update to include the prior mentioned countries ...

That is correct. However, you seem to have missed a crucial point. Roku doesn't make that call. Roku lets the app developers make that call. Netflix said to make theirs available, and it is. Amazon said to not make theirs available, and it is not. If Amazon says to make theirs available, it will be.

Roku is not stopping it from working there. Amazon is. << Read that again.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

NadieSabe

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue in the Dominican Republic.  All be it's not as much content as when I am in the USA, but I can watch Prime Video from my phone, tablet or computer with no problem.   I was searching for answers about my Roku Express (3900 series)  # I am not sure if it's my product that is no longer supported or the fact that I live abroad. Roku doesn't even offer the channel for me to add it. The only channel I see is the Prime Video for guild associates.   It's sooooo frustrating; please help!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NadieSabe,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We do not have a dedicated Roku presence in the Dominican Republic at this time, so it is very likely the channel is not currently available on the Roku platform.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Please stay safe and healthy, we thank you for your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos