Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hollywood505
Level 7

Re: amazon prime redesign

Responding to someone considering going with a fire device, I have each. I was on the board for an entire different reason and thought I would check on prime while here. I have entirely given up on Amazon watching on Roku. I simply switch devices or go to the other tv. But am going to check out Amazon now in Roku. I can say though that I have noticed a subtle difference in last week or so with prime in my firestick and it isn't a good thing. Now I know why the little changes are not improvements but alight takeaways. So maybe it is just prime and Amazon as the issue.  And their tech support is all together useless for the average tech consumer. I have some knowledge but am not ever going to be the IT support staff even. And they talk way beyond my scope at me. And don't care. 

0 Kudos
ginahoy
Level 10

All of my Roku devices now have the new UI. Sigh.

0 Kudos
Joe-Blow
Level 7

They really jacked it up.  Not being able to see who is in the movie, who directed it, etc. is just plain stupid.  But, the worst part is, no longer can you fast forward through their stupid ads for Amazon Originals shows they try to jam down your throat before you play your movie.  All I see now when I push FF is "Unavailable."

Uh, sorry, I PAY for movies that are included with Prime, so NO, I don't have to watch ads if I don't want to.

If they don't roll this back, they've lost a customer.  Screw them, I'll just go to Netflix.  They have better stuff anyway.

0 Kudos
BD-2020
Level 7

I have noticed the same thing with the fast forward and rewind speed - it’s now too fast and there is no option to slow it down. The option to skip ads at the beginning of a show is also gone. These changes are really annoying and I hope Amazon sorts this out quickly. 

0 Kudos
reber1b
Level 8

I agree with you 100%. I have Hulu & Netflix as well as Prime and I've been looking at the Apple TV Channel that is now usable through Roku. I'm planning on giving Prime another two weeks, and if they don't straighten out this new UI, I'm gonna pick up Apple TV and drop Prime (and maybe Netflix too)

0 Kudos
ginahoy
Level 10

Wow. Sometime last week, multi-speed FF and RW functionality was added back to the new user interface!  I'm guessing some of the designers must actually be using the app Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
BD-2020
Level 7

Yes, I noticed it too. A very welcome fix.

0 Kudos
Bec80
Level 7

Redesign of Prime Video via Roku;  The removal of the brief story line and actors info is discouraging. The first 8 words are still listed in the brief but they may or may not say anything of value.   Part of the value of selecting and watching movies/TV through this prime video/roku has been taken away.
The Forward and Backward option. Missed a minute? Well you'll have to rewatch 5 minutes because it zooms so fast you can't stop it. The search function is awkward.
'Subtitles and more'. There is no value to this option. Now this can be removed. I know all the smart creative people working at Prime would not approve. This change makes us fell there is a motive and we the customers are left to guess, wonder and come up with our own theroies. Please bring back the better version. Thank you

SteveG2
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime updated version

I agree, this is horrible.  Unfortunately, I can't find a way to undo it.  Mine updated automatically to this new version a couple of weeks ago.

There are multiple issues with it.  There's a one to two second delay in pausing, so you can't catch an image on screen when you want to.  Fast forward & rewind are useless.  They delay in coming up on screen and it only goes one speed, which is very fast, so you're so far away from where you were and you can't control it at all.  Also, you only get a couple of seconds to select the next episode of a series during the credits of the current episode, then it's gone and requires and extra button press or two to navigate to the next episode back on the menu.  That's just what I've noticed so far.

After a week, the Amazon Prime app on my Roku device rolled back to the old version automatically.  I assumed they had a lot of complaints and were going to fix it.  Then, after another week, mine has now updated again to this new version and there is nothing fixed.  It still has all of the same problems.  The FF & rewind issue alone is infuriating.  I can't understand how this has been released to the public in this condition.

0 Kudos
bhat316752
Level 7

Nice post.  On the FF issue, I had the same problem.  But if you hit the pause first and then use the arrows above, it actually works better than before.  You can ff or rewind almost frame by frame or as fast or slow as you need.  Hope this works for  you.