Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idek11346

all of the apps on my homescreen are clear and won’t work

This had just happened after i finished watching a movie. I went to my home screen to go to spotify, but it wasn’t working so i went to the settings and checked my connection it said it was good and i went back to check if it worked, but it didn’t. I turned my tv off and turned it back on multiple times and checked my wifi multiple times but it hasn’t worked i’ve also turned my tv off for a while and it’s still not working i can still access hbo, disney, etc on the controller but i cant get into any other apps that are on my home screen

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: all of the apps on my homescreen are clear and won’t work

If this is a Roku TV (i.e. one with Roku capability built in) with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on just puts it in/out of a standby state and does not give you a full restart.

Try Settings / System / Power / System restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
JanetM6
Reel Rookie

This is happening to us as well. We use the Roku Ultra (not Roku TV) and it’s been happening for about a week now. They do eventually load after about three minutes and yes our internet connection is strong. We switched from a dynamic background to a static image thinking that might be the problem but it still happens. Our newer Roku Ultra 4K used to do this as well but since the recent update that made the icons smaller, it loads fine. We have checked for updates and none exist. This is definitely a bug. Please fix. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JanetM6,

Sending our warmest welcome here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we'd be honored to assist. Have you tried performing a system restart on your Roku device? This will clear up any cache on your device. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > Power (skip if no sub-menu) > System Restart. After this, kindly check to see if you notice any improvements.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JanetM6
Reel Rookie

Yes, we have done a system restart multiple times but it continues to take forever to load. It’s not a show stopper but I do hope it gets fixed. Thanks for your reply!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JanetM6,

Thanks for the update!

We'd like to see more of what's going on here and to better understand. Could you share with us the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With this information, we'll help our engineering team further look into this case.

Please keep us posted!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JanetM6
Reel Rookie

Model: 4660RW - Roku Ultra

Serial #: YJ002L201562

Software Version: 12.0.0 build 4184-46

Device ID: CS4892201562

Tracker ID: 62-365-920

To reproduce this all I have to do is hit the home key from anywhere from the screen saver to inside an app or within the menus. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JanetM6,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku community!

We appreciate you providing the information above. For us to know more about the issue, we understand that you have a strong internet connection, but can you please reboot your modem and router? How far is your Roku Ultra from your network router? Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot? Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play content? With more details, we will be able to assist you further. In the meantime, you can try to restart your Roku Ultra and reboot your modem and router. Please be advised that rebooting your router cleans out the device's short-term memory (also called "cache") to keep it running more smoothly. It allows the router to re-select the least crowded channel for each frequency, which means a stronger connection to your devices.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JanetM6
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your help and suggestions. I rebooted the modem and router but the issue still exists. The Roku Ultra is in the same room as the modem and router and in fact it is a wired connection straight from the router to the Roku.  I did try doing a wireless connection to the router as well as a wireless connection to my phone’s hotspot and they both resulted in the same problem.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update @JanetM6,

Since you've previously provided the information as requested by one of the Roku Community Moderators, this issue has been passed along to the appropriate Roku team, who'll review this case and address the issue that is causing this. Once more details is gathered and we hear back from them, an update will be provided here in the Community.

As we work on with this issue, we truly appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos