Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatSummers1
Channel Surfer

Zeitgeist channel not working

Is anyone having problem with the Zeitgeist channel I'm not sure if that spell right but I'm using speech to text I can get it but I can't get it to do anything and see it in for the last week it's just been spending it around in a nice neat little circle does anybody know what's going on I would appreciate it if you could let me know. [personal information removed]

4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Zeitgeist channel not working

Hi @PatSummers1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
PatSummers1
Channel Surfer

Thank you so much for that reply Mary I've done that over and over and over again before it went down on me there was some really nice conspiracy stuff and although I don't believe much of it since I'm an Occam's razor fan I like to watch it I can get the movie on various other channels but this was a whole thing to it and for some reason it won't run on my TV or my Roku I was wondering if it was something geographic and nature I got a hundred megs of download speed so it's not the internet and CNN just quit on me the other day and the same thing unloaded it shut it down reloaded it and it still just spins and things channel not found. I don't know maybe the whole thing is going down at some point cyberspace kind of Spooks me because I've lost track of it I used to be really good with computers but when the monster ain't Windows 10 came along he got me thank God for that little program called classic Shell I got my Windows 7 startup back and I can navigate a little easier but it's still way to labyrinthine for the average user

Thank you again and have a good weekend

B

Mmayer695

Yes. October & still not available.  What's going on? And yes, I also did the remove, restart & add thing as well. It's still doesn't work and there's a message that says," Sorry, this channel is temporarily out of service  "

Temporary doesn't mean months, or at least it shouldn't. 

• Can we get this fixed please? This is worrisome.  Thank you. 
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Only the developer can fix it.  One of the privacy policy links in the Channel Store directs to Barons Media which went out of business last year after committing fraud and ripping me and several other developers off for a lot of money (and no, that's not a conspiracy theory).  Perhaps the loss of their advertising provider has something to do with the channel no longer working.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos