Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cathryn222
Reel Rookie

Youtube home button stopped displaying content

Jump to solution

YouTube Home says start searching to get started. 

YouTube homepage is missing. 

System update- Done

Software update - Done 

Uninstalled/reinstalled the YouTube app. - Done.

Can I send a screenshot? 

I want my a refund I can't watch YouTube on my Roku. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube home button stopped displaying content

Jump to solution

We appreciate the information that you have provided to us, @Cathryn222!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach YouTube Support here.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Cathryn222,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for the additional information!

We want to further investigate this issue that you had with the YouTube channel. Could you provide us with a screenshot or a photo? Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is it isolated? (Specify)

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cathryn222
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Before I exit YouTube I always clear watch & search history. Otherwise it keeps suggesting the same topic as last watched.

1st screenshot will show you the new issue that started yesterday. 

2nd screenshot Is a work around I found. Arrow over to the left, select anything out of a categories & watch it for maybe 10 seconds. Then when you return to your home button everything's normal. 

Very strange, but glad I found a workaround. I like my home page showing me recommended, from your subscriptions ECT.

It seems to only be YouTube so it's probably their glitch. Tubi, Roku, channels are fine.

Sorry about the glare I couldn't get my reflection off the TV either.

Thank you

#YouTube

20240413_211513~4.jpg

20240413_213936~2.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate the information that you have provided to us, @Cathryn222!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach YouTube Support here.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos