Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slghokie
Level 7

Youtube channel not working on Ultra but works on Roku3

I have 3 Roku's in the house, Ultra on the main TV hardwired, Roku 3 in bonus room hardwired, and Roku 3 in the bedroom wireless. Both Roku3 will run the Youtube channel, load menus, and play videos. But the Ultra will load the channel, show the menu, then when you select a video it will go to a black screen and hang. Have all the updates and nothing changed in the network setup, wiring, or anything I have had for years. Since this started there was only 1 day where the Ultra worked on Youtube and this has been going on for 2 weeks. Roku3's worked the whole time.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
slghokie
Level 7

Re: Youtube channel not working on Ultra but works on Roku3

Mysteriously after posting the issue it started working the past few days. Will keep an eye on it and check if it took an update (auto on)

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube channel not working on Ultra but works on Roku3

There have been reports of issues with YouTube, but it wasn't device specific. I use my Ultra 4800 almost every day for YouTube, and I've never had a problem. It sounds like it was an issue on the YouTube side for you. 

All Roku devices will auto-update every day. You can't disable it. The only way to block a device from updating is to either disconnect it from the network or power it off. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos