Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogerD954
Reel Rookie

Youtube app not running previews

Has this been resolved for you?

Have you gone into the YouTube Settings to check the preview setting?  I have two Roku's and one allows changing the preview setting and the other does not.  From what I can tell both are running the same version, both the YT app and Roku OS.  No reason to be working differently.

4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube app not running previews

Hi, @RogerD954

It's always great to see new users, and welcome in the Roku Community.

Thanks for reaching out for support, and we'd be more than glad to assist. For us to better understand the issue, could you please provide the following details below:

• May we know what specific Roku device you have?
  • Have you tried performing a system restart or a system update on your Roku device?
  • Have you tried updating the YouTube app on both of your Roku devices?

With more details we can gather, we'll be able to assist you better with the information we receive.

We look forward to your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RogerD954
Reel Rookie

Hi Kash,

I thought I had replied to this earlier, but I don't see it here.  I saw a link about posting to the YT Support group and did so there.  All the details are included there;  https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/261247579?hl=en

I hope this tells you what you wanted to know.

Thanks,
Roger.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Based on the information you've provided, it appears that the issue you're facing is likely due to a problem with the design and functionality of the YouTube app. In order to address this, we recommend that you reach out to the support team at YouTube directly. They will be able to provide you with more specific guidance on how to troubleshoot the issue and work toward a resolution.

When contacting YouTube's support team, be sure to provide them with as much information as possible about the issue you're experiencing. This may include details such as the specific device and operating system you're using, any error messages you've received, and a description of the behaviors that are causing the problem.

Once YouTube's support team has been made aware of the issue and has had a chance to investigate, they will work with you to find a workaround or solution that addresses the problem you're experiencing.

You can find their support contact information at YouTube Help

We hope for your understanding.

Best wishes,

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RogerD954
Reel Rookie

Thanks for checking back.  There has been no response to my posting on YouTube Support https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/261247579?hl=en and the problem persists.  I guess I'm dealing with the two-vendor problem where each are expecting the other to resolve the problem.  If you have any ability to rattle a cage somewhere, I would appreciate it.  I don't want to buy more Rokus to see what pair will work the same.

0 Kudos