Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisdh
Level 7

Youtube and Youtube TV issues today

Is anyone else finding that neither Youtube TV nor Youtube will load on ROKU tonight? Not sure what to do? Looks like this may be a recurring problem but I've never noticed it... very frustrating tho!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube and Youtube TV issues today

@chrisdh 

Can't speak for YoutubeTV, but Youtube appears to be loading and running fine on my Roku devices listed in my signature all on OS10.0 (different builds).

Try doing a Manual System Update followed by a System Restart.  Both of these options are located under Settings..System... then either System Update (updates Roku OS and installed channels) or System Restart.

Try seeing if you are having problems with other Channels.  I would probably throw a router restart in also.  Doesn't appear to be a problem with Youtube Channel as far as I can tell.  Haven't seen other reports.

Post back with your Roku model number and Roku OS build.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
chrisdh
Level 7

No other channel is having problems.. just these two, which as I keep combing the web suggest it might be continued issues between Roku and Google?? Really strange if it is not that bc I am getting the same error msg people mentioned over the last several months before they said it was "fixed" The one thing I see online is to -not- try and remove to reload those apps bc Youtube TV is not able to be reinstalled at this pt. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@chrisdh 

Correct.  If you remove YoutubeTV Channel/app, you won't be able to reinstall it.  However, you can still access YoutubeTV through the regular Youtube Channel/app (lower left).

Maybe try removing the regular Youtube Channel/app, Restarting the Roku (System Restart), and then reinstall the Youtube Channel/app.  From there, launch Youtube Channel and then try YoutubeTV from there. (assuming Youtube will launch for you).

I believe I recall some postings here that recommended that users should return all screensavers/themes etc. to the Roku default ones.  This can be accomplished from Settings...Theme...Themepacks and also Settings..Theme..Wallpapers and Settings...Theme...Screensavers.

I will post a link if I can find it, but worth a shot.  I know returning to defaults have been reported by users as solving many channel related issues.

Edited... Here is the link that seems to address the issue best and what worked for many/most.  Combination of the two replies I provided.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/YouTube-not-loading/m-p/685808

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos