Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pvine
Reel Rookie

Youtube TV not showing second level menus

When in Youtube TV and I select a show from my recorded library I do not get the menu to then choose what to do, like watch the latest, browse episodes. The main screen dims a bit but the subsequent menu does not appear. If I blindly use the down arrow and then OK I do then get the list of episodes to select from. This is also a problem when selecting my user in the upper right. No follow on menu appears to switch users or for user settings. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Youtube TV. I have also done a factory reset on the Roku but it does not help. A similar Roku on another TV is just fine. Any idea what I can try or is it time to replace the device?

13 REPLIES 13
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube TV not showing second level menus

Hi @pvine,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and for reaching out for support. May we know what specific Roku device are you using, and what Roku OS version it is? Additionally, have you tried updating the YouTube channel on your Roku to get the latest version of the app? If not, kindly follow the steps below:

1. On your Roku's homescreen, scroll to the channel you want to update.
  2. Press the star (*) button on your Roku remote.
  3. In the pop-up that opens, select Check for updates.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pvine
Reel Rookie

Device is 3600X - Roku Stick
Software version 12.5.0 build 4172-24
Youtube TV is up to date and I have also removed and reinstalled more than once.
It is running: Version 2.20 build 110005586.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us updated, @pvine

Upon checking the information based on the details you've provided. It seems that the 3600X model of the Roku Streaming Stick is an older version that the YouTube channel does not entirely support anymore. Also, the YouTube channel works fine with your other Roku devices since it's a newer and more recent version that the channel fully supports. However, you can reach out to YouTube directly and inquire further about this since this issue is related to the channel design built which the channel provider can address with an update on their end.

We hope for your understanding regarding this matter.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
W-W-J-D

I have the same problem on two different Roku 3 devices. It started last week.  After I click OK and it goes dim, I can click OK again (sort of a double click I guess) and then it takes me to the live show. I cannot find any way to get to the second level menu to select 'start from the beginning' nor have I found a way to get to the list of episodes.

0 Kudos
pvine
Reel Rookie

After you click on the show blindly click the down arrow and then OK and that will take you to the list of shows. You are navigating the nondisplaying menu with the down arrow to arrive at browse episodes and clicking OK takes you to them. Just having the menu back would be much nicer.

StevenE1
Reel Rookie

I am having this same problem on my 4230X - Roku 3 which is listed on the list of Youtube tv supported devices.  I have sent two bug reports and gotten no reply.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for sharing the information and concern you have with the YouTube TV channel having issues.

We recommend to continue working with the channel provider's support as this is a direct issue that they can address on their end since the behavior that occurs with your Roku devices is mainly a channel's interface. 

We hope that this will be sorted out soon.

All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VMoradian
Reel Rookie

I also wanted to add my voice on this issue.  I, too, am having this same problem on my 4230X - Roku 3.  The only way I managed to contact YouTube was by submitting a Feedback on their ios app.  If there is any other way to persuade them, please let me know.  Hopefully YouTube will address our problem soon.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
StevenE1
Reel Rookie

Do you have any 'backdoor' connections into google's youtube tv support group?  I have sent multiple bug reports to google and have not even gotten an automated reply acknowledging that they got my report.  Right now, my opinion of google youtube tv support is pretty low.

0 Kudos