Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meowcat

Youtube TV keeps logging off.

We have a Roku streaming stick in our primary bedroom. We use Youtube TV as our primary source of TV viewing. 

We also watch Youtube TV in our family room on a Roku Ultra and in our guest bedroom on a Fire Cube. 

Our Streaming stick is the only Roku device  we have that keeps logging off Youtube TV. About once a week, we have to sign back in to Youtube TV on our Streaming stick. 

It's getting pretty old having to write down the sign in code, go to my PC and enter the code on Youtube TV's log in page. 

In our family room, the Ultra NEVER logs Youtube TV off. Does anyone have an answer as to why this is happening? 

So far I have;

1. updated the Youtube TV app

2. Reset/restarted the Roku streaming stick 3 times. 

3. Installed the latest Roku updates.

4. Reset the Streaming stick back to factory defaults. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Youtube TV keeps logging off.

I have the same problem with Watch TCM needing to be re-authenticated on a regular basis.  I watch this almost exclusively on the Streaming Stick 4k+ (3821) in the living room, so I don't really know if other Rokus are affected.  I've finally gotten to the point that I keep a shortcut on the home screen of both my phone and my tablet for the Watch TCM authentication page.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
rordonez

I too have the problem on two different Express 4K+ and an Ultra. The Express are powered from the TV USB ports while the Ultra is plugged directly to an outlet and therefore always powered. No other app behaves this way. All devices are updated.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rordonez,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the YouTube channel. We're happy to assist you further. May we know when you first noticed this issue? Have you tried removing the channel and re-adding it again?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos