Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frizzpro
Channel Surfer

YouTubeTV geolocation issue

Jump to solution

I have been a YouTube TV user for a couple of years on PCs, every Apple device and Roku' with no problems until last week.

I use Google's family share for two accounts mine and my wife's.  We have traveled to different parts of the country and the geolocation on all devices has worked perfectly.  Our local channels are Providence and that has worked fine till now.

It seems now when using our Roku devices (3) IT is placing her (sometimes mine) location in the Hartford area which is wrong.....I and very techie and know how to go about changing the location manually via PC etc.....  No problems streaming from Apple devices but with Roku's it's getting frustrating.....My 90+ year old mother in law is moving in and getting her trained to use a Roku (from Cox cable) seems the best option with her wanting the Catholic Channel.

Anyone have a suggestion?.....wife is getting antsy.......

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTubeTV geolocation issue

Jump to solution

@frizzpro

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact YouTube TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach YouTube TV support here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@frizzpro

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact YouTube TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach YouTube TV support here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Out of the blue, my You Tube TV was receiving channels from Texas (I am in Arizona).  The fix was to reboot my Verizon wireless router (turn off...wait...turn on).

0 Kudos