Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ItsAmyZing
Channel Surfer

YouTube going to black screen

Hello, I just got on YouTube on my new Express 4k+ & am having the same issue. I have already done what you suggested, after having a different issue with Netflix. Removing the channels, disconnecting the Roku, readding the channels, checking for updates, etc... does not work! I'm starting to regret finally upgrading my Roku!

2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube going to black screen

Hey @ItsAmyZing,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience you had with YouTube going to black screen, certainly want to help you regarding this. We also appreciate the actions taken to resolve the issue. For us to assist you, we'll need information. Kindly provide the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on YouTube channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Error code pop-up (if there is when the issue occurs).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Looking forward to hearing your response!

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
33sarge
Streaming Star

Re: YouTube going to black screen

I'm also having the same issue with YOUTUBE. About 50% of the time, when I exit Youtube, my TV screen goes black. Most of the time it will come back after around 3-5 minutes, overtimes, I have to shut off and then turn back on my TV and/or Roku. This started with the 2 to last update.

I suspect this is something with YOUTUBE's app.

0 Kudos