Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piehammer

YouTube & YouTubeTV stuck on splash screen

Netflix & Prime work fine, but YouTube & YouTubeTV both just give me a small box in the middle of the screen with their logo and that's it.

YouTube Issue.jpg

What I have tried:

• System Restart
  • Software update
  • Remove & reinstall both apps
  • Factory Reset
  • Software update (again)
  • Remove & reinstall both apps (again)
  • System Restart (again)

TCL model 49S405

Software version 12.5.5

Build 4174

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube & YouTubeTV stuck on splash screen

Did you restart** your Roku to clear its memory cache BEFORE reinstalling the channel? Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or if you don't have the Power option, under "Settings > System". If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in.

**On a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart. Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
piehammer

Thank you for replying.

Based on your message, I have done the following:

• Uninstalled YouTube & YouTubeTV
  • System Restart
  • Installed YouTube
  • Still does not work
  • Uninstalled YouTube
  • System Restart
  • Power off
  • Unplug for 30 min
  • Power on
  • Installed YouTube
  • Still does not work
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @piehammer,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
piehammer

Well, after a second Factory Reset, both YouTube and YouTubeTV are now working.

0 Kudos