Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pinkche
Level 7

This is not a question but a request.

Just a request to not remove YouTube TV from Roku. I will have to find another option again for TV outside of Roku which is very hard in my rural area.

0 Kudos
ERD
Level 8

Re: Youtube TV Contract Dispute

I have 8 Roku devices..

Drop YouTubeTv and they all go to Goodwill and I buy 8 Chromecast devices. 

ERD
Level 8

Great Idea!

ERD
Level 8

Get Chromecast...same owner

claybo6
Level 8

Bahaha. Roku is currently valued at $45 billion. Not exactly a David vs. Goliath story there sweetheart. 

boogernose
Level 18

If they also pull the plug on regular YouTube that would be a disaster.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
GStar7
Level 8

Re: YouTube TV vs Roku negotiations

Unfortunately, we will see more of these disputes in the future. So we need to understand what's really going on here. I'm sure most of you do. I've used Roku since Netflix started streaming, so yeah I've had many. And it does, and always has worked great. I always recommend them, and have bought a few for friends and family. And I will continue to do so. Also, I'm not a YouTube TV subscriber, so that doesn't effect me either way. But I'm not blaming Google, and I'm not blaming Roku. This is BUSINESS. Roku has some power now, and hey why not? Streaming is growing and in no small part due to 2020. Roku makes a very good affordable streaming device and they have taken advantage of that and have increased their subscriber base to the point where you want, maybe need, your App on their platform. However, I'm not "giving up the store" just so I can use your platform, and neither is Google. Their business is, lets be honest, OUR DATA. And they need as much of that as they possibly can get for the best price they can possibly get. So here we are. Again. 2 corporations in a contract dispute over content. Cord cutting sounding more and more like cable every day isn't it!
DisastifiedAL
Level 10

Re: Roku and YouTubeTv

I will not argue on behalf of one company over another, I ALWAYS go for best service at lowest price. I am a YT TV subscriber and I will NOT do either's work for them in negotiations. I DO oppose YoutubeTV giving Roku one penny. I detest those that open a road then stick a toll booth on it out of leverage/greed. Roku has ZERO business being a platform on TV's.

I will stand behind my YTTV service and go to whatever platform is needed despite my TV being a TCL Roku TV, You will NOT hold my equipment hostage to serve your own ends.

mko
Level 7

Re: Roku and YouTubeTv

Google is the issue, do you really want to invest in them if they are willing to do this to their customers?

0 Kudos
DisastifiedAL
Level 10

Re: YoutubeTV and Roku Having Problems ... Well, I Do Too !!!

so what is your total cost monthly for service? How long do DVR recordings get stored? I've checked out all, none have yet matched YT TV

"Starting at
$69.99/mo. + tax"
"Go big and get unlimited hours of Cloud DVR recordings, so everything you love is ready when you want it! For AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW accounts with 20 hrs cDVR included upgrade to unlimited hours of cDVR for $10/mo.
Data connection req’d. Recordings expire after 90 days. In a series recording, max 30 episodes stored (oldest deleted first which may be in less than 90 days)."
OK
DVR stores for 90 days only
It saves ONLY 30 episodes of same show

So less service for more cost of $79.99

Yeah no thanks

0 Kudos