Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
va3gunner
Level 7

Re: YouTube VS Roku ???

I have 6 Roku tvs specifically purchased for youtube as the tv's are good, well priced and easy to use. Makes me want to go back to cable. Too many changes all the time. I will never buy another Roku if this happens - total **bleep**

0 Kudos
BillGreg
Level 7

Re: YouTube VS Roku ???

I am just going back to HULU and drop YouTube TV "like a hot potato". HULU was working great for me even there seems to be a "glitch" in the DVR area but I am sue I will be glad to get away from this "drama".

0 Kudos
kcchalk
Level 7

Re: YouTube TV vs Roku negotiations

I literally have 1000s of $$'s in Roku devices between TVs and devices at multiple locations. I will never purchase another one and will slowly get rid of all that I have if Roku removes YouTube TV. Really hope you can get it figured out.

mohnkern
Level 9

Re: Youtube TV

I too receive an email indicating that Youtube TV Will no long be supported on Roku, and it may be removed.  I have two Roku TVs along with two separate Roku boxes.  I was also considering replacing my TCL soundbar with a Roku soundbar.

However, if this does happen, I'll unfortunately have to transition over to either chromecast, or alternatively a series of Fire Sticks.

maetj
Level 7

Re: Channels - You Tube TV

Please keep You tube tv I have 3 roku devices and the only reason we chose this was because we could use the You tubeTV app.

Theresa J

JaxxWay
Level 8

Re: You Tube vs. Roku

Best Buy allows 365 days for Returns!! Will see how this plays out and if not will return my Roku products!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
rankreis
Level 7

Re: Roku and YouTubeTv

I got a Roku TV because they claimed to handle ALL streaming apps. Dropping YouTube TV is a dumb move. Is Roku listening??

rickpmorgan
Level 7

Re: Google eliminating U-tube from Roku?

I agree.  If Roku drops Utubetv I will be dropping Roku

AMGA
Level 7

YouTube TV,

I didn't understand your email, so I use Google Translate.

Translation:
Greed, greed, greed, greed, greed, and then more greed.

Greedily,
Greedy, YouTube TV
A member of a Greegle Group, Alphabet Inc.
Code of conduct:  DON'T BE Evil
(Alphabet Inc remove "don't" from their famous founders code of conduct, Don't be evil)

You said:
 "Our goal with YouTube TV is to offer you the content you love, delivered in the way you want"
I WANT IT DELIVER ON ROKU!

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:30 AM YouTube TV <no-reply@youtube.com> wrote:

‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

Hi MG,

Our goal with YouTube TV is to offer you the content you love, delivered in the way you want — including on all of your favorite devices. To make this happen, we enter into agreements with partners in order to enable access to YouTube TV via different devices.

Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we have been unable to reach an agreement with Roku. We continue to offer Roku the opportunity to renew the YouTube TV deal under the existing, reasonable terms.

If you are not currently using Roku, you should not have any issues. For our Roku users, as we send this, you still have access to YouTube TV on Roku devices; however, Roku may choose to remove the YouTube TV app from their devices. We encourage Roku to continue providing the YouTube TV app for our mutual users.

Should Roku decide to remove the YouTube TV app from their platform, you can still cast to your Roku device from your mobile device, tablet, or computer by following these simple steps. You can also continue to access the app using all of the devices listed here.

In light of Roku’s current stance, we encourage you to reach out to their customer support team to request they keep YouTube TV on Roku devices here or tweet @roku.

We are committed to ensuring our members continue to have access to YouTube TV and will continue advocating on behalf of our members. For further updates on this issue and our efforts to resolve it, please visit this website.

Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

You received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your YouTube TV product or account.

© 2021 Google LLC d/b/a YouTube
901 Cherry Ave
San Bruno, CA 94066

0 Kudos

I just got an email from YouTube TV confirming issues with Roku... they are still leaving it accessible to people with Roku however Roku could Ultimately remove the app making it so we can't use it.  ROKU BETTER NOT REMOVE THIS APP OR I WILL MOVE TO ANOTHER STREAMING PLATFORM

0 Kudos