Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaptGrumpy
Level 11

Re: YouTube TV vs Roku negotiations

@claybo6 wrote:
Dear Roku, 

I think I speak for all of your users when I say that we do not care about your profits or contractual issues. We do not care about your redlining process and we do not care about your legal team's interpretation of customer data privacy legislation. 

Roku is solely a method to access the content we want and if you fail to provide us with that access, we will no longer have a need for your platform. 

So, if you do not figure this out, we (and many like us) will no longer be a Roku customer. We have all of our movies purchased through Google. We have subscriptions with numerous Google products. We are much more tied to Google than we are to Roku and, therefore, will move with them should you not figure this out. 

So, with all sincerity, stop telling us about how you're fighting for us and just get it done. As someone who negotiates tech contracts for a living, I know that this is a veiled, and ultimately fruitless, attempt to leverage your users in a contract dispute. You don't have the leverage or loyalty that you think you have. 

Accept their terms and move on. They have our customer data anyway. 

Sincerely, 
A longtime Roku User

Dear long time Roku User,

Speak for yourself. You don't speak for me. Roku should not have to bow to Google. I hate Goggle's search manipulation. I'll just switch to hulu +live

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube TV Contract Dispute

@claybo6 wrote:

Dear Roku,

I think I speak for all of your users when I say ...

Stop right there. You don't speak for me.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

DBDukes

Re: Youtube TV cancelling service on Roku

@jfa5155 wrote:

Roku should at least inform Hulu of the scope of the opportunity

I strongly suspect Disney is already watching this very carefully.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

claybo6
Level 8

Wow, the Roku team was really quick to seed this thread. @CaptGrumpy @DBDukes @atc98092 @StreamerUser 

atc98092

@claybo6 I disagree that we don't care about their profits. If we want their platform to be available and continue to be updated, we need a healthy company behind it. 

Based on the info that Roku has publicized, I'm on their side, not Google's. Assuming it's accurate (always the key) Google is asking for things that no other provider has, and while Google (and many others) have lots of info on me that doesn't mean they need more. 

As far as contractual issues, it's unfortunate but today's world is so litigious that contracts are required for everyone's protection. And again, in this case Roku is looking out for my protection. Is it to further their own interests? Possibly. But that's the reality of today. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
CaptGrumpy
Level 11

@claybo6 wrote:

Wow, the Roku team was really quick to seed this thread. @CaptGrumpy @DBDukes 

Who the **bleep** do you think you are, idiot? I am a Roku customer and have been for over 5 years.you are a level one poster who got his panties in a twist over this. I've researched and have my own opinion on this. You, on the other Hand, are a reactionaries twit, who thinks that anybody who doesn't agree with him is a plant.

I'd rather be me

DBDukes

I don't work for Roku. Never have. You on the other hand have shown yourself as someone who says a lot more than he knows. 

I don't know @CaptGrumpy but he seems to be a grown man too, and doesn't need someone like you to act like he's the savior of all Rokukind. 

If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't have said what you said like you said it. But you be you.

Anyone who's followed this forum for the past ten years knows that I'm a fan of Roku, but I also will criticize where I feel is necessary. I recommend against using Roku billing, for instance. That's a big money maker for Roku, and they don't like my suggesting not to use it. But I don't like the way it all works. That's for another post, though. But I mention it to support my contention that you are a know-nothing who should know more about what he's talking about before he opens his mouth.

DBDukes

CaptGrumpy
Level 11

@claybo6 wrote:

Wow, the Roku team was really quick to seed this thread. @CaptGrumpy @DBDukes @atc98092 

BTW, his do we know,you're not A Google plant? >wink<

DBDukes

@CaptGrumpy wrote:

@claybo6 wrote:

Wow, the Roku team was really quick to seed this thread. @CaptGrumpy @DBDukes @atc98092 

BTW, his do we know,you're not A Google plant? >wink<

Smiley LOL

DBDukes

0 Kudos
14Shaggy
Level 7

Roku needs to know that I’ll leave them before I leave my YouTube TV