Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
streamerman
Streaming Star

YouTube TV sound volume issues

Why is there issues with the volume level on YouTube TV? My local NBC station the volume level is so loud it blows you out of the room and needs to be turned way down yet most of the other channels the volume is so low I have to turn the volume way way up to hear it. Hope this can be fixed. Very annoying. 

3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube TV sound volume issues

@streamerman 

There are some volume leveling features on Roku that may or may not help. Give those a try.

If they don't help, you may wish to reach out to the developer of the app regarding your issue. That's Google.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@streamerman 

You didnt mention your model # or firmware version or YTTV app version.

Google recently enabled 5.1 (DD/AC3) audio playback for Live TV, and this may be the source of the volume disparity.

As @DBDukes  explained, Google is responsible for the content (including volume levels) of its content and is the best party able to fix the content of one channel's volume, and you can otherwise try the Sound/Volume Modes for your device as @DBDukes suggests to alleviate the volume disparity.

If Sound/Volume Mode's (such as Leveling/Night Mode) don't work, try changing your audio output to stereo:  Settings/Audio/Audio mode = Stereo and/or Settings/Audio/Digital output format = Stereo

jccomp64

I have had this issue ever since I signed up for YoutubeTV.  This fixed the issue for me!  I found this solution on Reddit with a Google search:

·4 mo. ago

I have a Roku TV and had same problem. I found that Turning off Surround Sound (in the YouTubeTV app on my TV) fixed the problem...

0 Kudos