Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

YouTube TV playback issues

Problem playing back recorded shows on YouTube TV app, Roku express. Of course YouTube TV says it’s not our problem, contact Roku, which I cannot do. It does not happen on iPad, just this device.

53 REPLIES 53
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube TV playback issues

I have YouTube TV. Like all live tv streaming services your recordings are stored in the cloud. Your Roku has nothing to do with your YouTube TV DVR recordings. Furthermore Google makes the YouTube TV channel. Not Roku. Is this happening on all your TV are recordings or just one? Most DVR recordings are also available on demand. Exactly what show or movie are you trying to watch from your DVR recording? By the way there is no real support for YouTube TV so how did you contact them?  I once had a DVR recording on a YouTube TV that was messed up. Chicago Fire. So I just simply watched it on demand. Try restarting your Roku, modem and router. Also is your Roku and your iPad on the same wireless network? Both on 2.4 or both on 5.0? how far away is your Roku to your modem? 

0 Kudos
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

I restarted all, yes on same Wi-Fi.

modem 6 feet away from device.

it only happens on this one device which is why I think it’s a roku problem.

contacted YTTV thru the app, requested a call.

trying to watch NBA game from last night, MIL-PHI, there’s a feed for each team on league pass and both feeds won’t playback.

Streamer317
Roku Guru

Unfortunately it’s not a Roku issue. Your DVR recordings are stored in the cloud. Sports games are unfortunately one of those live tv streams that can be unstable. So is it just this one DVR recording or all of your recordings? If it’s just this one recording why don’t you just watch it on your iPad. There is nothing for Roku to fix. It’s on Googles end. The only other thing you can try is to remove the channel, restart your Roku and re add the channel. In that exact order 

0 Kudos
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

Did all that

wanted to watch on big screen TV not iPad 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Totally understandable but there’s probably not much you can do about it. Again is it only on these DVR recordings or is it on all your DVR recordings? The recording is stored in the cloud talking to Roku and YouTube TV support probably won’t fix anything. 

0 Kudos
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

Only on this one so far but it’s happened in the past with others

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

I’ve been using YouTube TV for years. It’s my main source of entertainment. I record my 6 weekly shows and several movies. Never had one issue. This might help you. A lot of outages reported last night 

https://downdetector.com/status/youtube-tv/

0 Kudos
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

It’s a game from 3 weeks ago, I now know who won 

0 Kudos
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

No idea what this means