Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

YouTube TV on new device if I link to current account

Jump to solution

I have YouTube TV app on several Roku devices all linked to one account.  If I purchase a new Roku device and link it to my existing account will the YouTube TV app be available on the new device?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube TV on new device if I link to current account

Jump to solution

@HDMIGuy-

If you add a new device to an existing Roku account, you SHOULD get all the channels that are already on the account including YouTubeTV.  In today's climate, where even YouTube may be pulled in a few weeks, I don't know how confident we should be that SHOULD means it WILL.

@DKT2- If you do not already have a Roku account with YouTubeTV added to it, you will NOT be able to add YouTubeTV unless and until Roku and Google settle their carriage dispute. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DKT2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I would like an answer to the same question.  I planned on cutting cable this month and switching to YouTube TV, as I think it is the superior streaming platform for this purpose.  The disagreement between Roku and Goggle needs to be resolved.  If I am unable to use YouTube TV on my Roku streaming devices, I will need to make the unfortunate decision to switch from Roku to Chromecast, or something similar.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@HDMIGuy-

If you add a new device to an existing Roku account, you SHOULD get all the channels that are already on the account including YouTubeTV.  In today's climate, where even YouTube may be pulled in a few weeks, I don't know how confident we should be that SHOULD means it WILL.

@DKT2- If you do not already have a Roku account with YouTubeTV added to it, you will NOT be able to add YouTubeTV unless and until Roku and Google settle their carriage dispute. 

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Joedirect
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have an existing You Tube account and when I try to link to ROKU which I just purchased, I see an old version. How do I add my actual account which is a free trial. Thx

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Joedirect 

You said "YouTube." Are you talking about YouTube Premium? Or are you talking about YouTube TV?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Joedirect
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Free trial

0 Kudos
Joedirect
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You Tube TV free trial

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Joedirect, you just purchased a Roku and it was already linked to your Youtube account?  Do you have any other Roku device or is it trying to link to the email address associated with your Roku account?  There should be a way within the Youtube channel/app to log out and log in with a different account (I would think).

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.