Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJC-CE
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

There are a few advantages to both HULU and YouTube TV. I do not think the recent freezing issues were a ROKU issue. I had the same freeze-up problem with a 1st Gen Fire Stick and a 2nd Gen Fire Stick. It seems odd to me that the ROKU update coincided with the ROKU update. I will likely keep my YouTube TV and HULU for about 30 days and see which one works for us the best. It seems to me that Google and Apple may not appreciate a 3rd party entering the business and is trying to make things uncomfortable for the users. Too bad, ROKU is a much better streaming device than Fire Stick or Apple, in my opinion. I for one am going to keep my ROKU devices. 

0 Kudos
RJC-CE
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku 10.5 update freezes YouTube Tav

Jump to solution

I think that is exactly what Google likes to hear. Get rid of the competition. Not a ROKU issue. It happens on my two Amazon Fire Sticks. 

0 Kudos
tarheelfob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

TarheelBob - Were things fine on your Roku? Or were you speaking of your Fire Sticks? I haven't watched any TV yet today as I've been swamped with work.

0 Kudos
144dtg
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 10.5 update freezes YouTube Tav

Jump to solution

Agree it is not a Roku issue.  Also I called Youtube TV support last night and they said there is a known "bug" and they would add me to the list of affected users.  You can do the following steps to report your own issue.  Maybe if there are enough people doing this they will prioritize a fix.

. From Youtube TV app, go to your profile icon / Send Feedback / App performance / My video freezes...

thanks

0 Kudos
TarHeelBob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Tarheelfob, I only have Roku-based operating systems. Everything working fine now. 

0 Kudos
TD348
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I reported this issue to YT TV yesterday. Both ROKU and Amazon firestick had the issue. Both are working today.

0 Kudos
tmills843
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I opened my YouTube App and drilled into my YouTube TV option, today, Nov 22, 2021 at approx. 6:30pm EST.

At this time, 7:35pm EST, the freeze issue has not occurred.  I have watched about 15 minutes of programming across four different networks.

I wanted to say thanks to those associated with ROKU that have helped to address the issue.  I feel like this was an App issue, so I know ROKU Reps. had to work with Google Reps. to resolve the issue, and I'm sure this took a real cooperative effort knowing the climate between the two organizations that exists.

Thanks to all involved.

0 Kudos
tarheelfob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Sorry, I confused your situation with Carl. I'll let you know if I'm as lucky as you when I try watching later.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while this issue was under investigation.

From multiple reports, it appears that Youtube provider has taken ownership of the playback issue on the Youtube TV channel and they have addressed the issue on their side.

We would recommend checking to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
tarheelfob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am very relieved, though still gun shy, to say that the issue seems to be resolved. I’ve been watching YTTV for the past few hours, changing channels, and not having any freezing issues. Here’s hoping it continues to be this way. I did make sure to update the Roku OS that was available today. Fingers crossed for everyone here! Happy Thanksgiving y’all!