Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube TV not loading up

My YouTube Tv won’t completely load. I get the logo and a spinning circle. I have checked for updates and I am up to date. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YouTube TV not loading up

@Pinksquirel 

Don't remove it, or you may not get it back.

You may want to reboot your Roku device and see if that makes a difference.

Alternately, you can access YouTube TV within the YouTube app. Scroll down to the bottom of the menu on the left and use the YouTube TV link there. That gets you running until the glitch resolves.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Dj14james

YouTube tv isn't on my Roku anymore

Came home from work look on my Roku express and didn't have my YouTube tv app on there any more I went to search for it in the channel app and it was there either

0 Kudos
Kellymw66

Can’t run channel , not enough space

I try to turn on YouTube tv and it says can’t run channel because there isn’t enough space so I should remove one or more channels. Ok, no problem, I have channels I don’t watch. So, I do that, get rid of maybe 5 or so and it still won’t run YouTube tv, or a couple other channels either. I decide to reinstall YouTube tv, big mistake, because when I go to reinstall after removing, ITS NO LONGER IN THE CHANNEL LINEUP. **bleep**. YouTube is, so I download that, try to open it, and get the same can’t run channel message….. any ideas?

kelly m

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube tv isn't on my Roku anymore

@Dj14james @Kellymw66 

Thanks for the post.

As @DBDukes mentioned, you can access YouTube TV within the YouTube app now by scrolling down to the bottom of the menu on the left hand side and then selecting YouTube TV.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
janejz

Re: Can’t run channel , not enough space

Same thing is happening with my YouTube.  I have deleted unused channels, but it still says there isn't enough space.  What do I do now?

0 Kudos
Shaynesherman
Reel Rookie

I also have been facing the same issue. Have you got any updates?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@janejz

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How many channels do you still have on your Roku device? After removing the unused channels, did you make sure to restart your Roku device before trying to adding the Youtube channel?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Shaynesherman

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What channel are you trying to access when you see this issue occur? How many channels do you currently have on your Roku device? Have you tried removing any unused channels, restarting your Roku device, then re-adding the channel you are trying to access to see if the issue is still occurring?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mbierman22

Mine is doing this as well. It is only happening with YouTubeTV. I have deleted several unused channels, unadded it and readded it, but it’s still giving me this message. I’ve played it for about a year and a half before this with no issues. I got a brand new version of Roku about a year and a half ago.

0 Kudos