Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scriptatious
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTube TV appearance problem

Jump to solution

It seems they just reply with some kind of automated text or cc&p text to get the closest they can find to match the problem. Try reseting, readding the channel, list the model of roku you own, take a photo or video, etc, etc. And of coarse this has already been done by other posters. I highly doubt that anything will ever be done about it until more people take the time to complain about it. And it’s doubtful even then to me. Kinda sad really, considering the number of roku users out there. This message board appears to be a pretty useless avenue to find answers to common problems with roku. Hopefully things will improve in the future. I tried Youtube tv on firestick as someone suggested and the problem is gone. So it’s obvious to me it’s on roku’s end or maybe a combination of the two. I love my roku’s and have had them for many years, but you have to do what you have to do.
Thanks to other users who have posted here, the problem seems to be solved by using firestick if you have Youtube tv, for now anyway. Thank you other posters.

IMG_7485.jpeg

IMG_7486.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the added information, @scriptatious.

We completely understand your sentiments and once again, apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming with the YouTube TV channel.

Rest assured that the details we have collected are reported to the appropriate Roku team, as they will be the ones who will further investigate this in your own personal Roku device. This is why we always request those details as each Roku user has different device information. 

If you want your device to be included in the investigation and correction process, we'd be more than happy to forward the details you'll be providing to the team. (Kindly refer to my post above for the details)

Once we've been notified of updates about the process, we will make sure to post it here on this thread. 

We hope this clears everything out and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scriptatious
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok thanks!

0 Kudos
kried

Jump to solution

I’m having the same exact issue. Started about a week ago and I’ve had no changes in software, hardware or internet service. It’s only YTTV app on Roku.  Hopefully someone is working on it. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @kried,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd love to know more about the issue that you're having with the YouTube TV channel. Could you elaborate more about the issue that you had with the YouTube TV channel? Can you please provide us with a photo or video? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
edrhathaway
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

is there a way i can upload a picture or video?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @kried

It's our pleasure to welcome you here in the Roku Community.

We see that you have posted a reply in a thread with a YouTube TV appearance problem, and rest assured that we'd be more than willing to assist. Including a photo or video related to the issue would indeed better help us understand the issue. To upload, kindly follow the instructions below:

To insert an image in a post:

1. Start a new post.
  2. Click Insert Image.
  3. Choose an image source location.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Depending on your starting point, you choose one or more images, choose the album where they'll be located, and upload them. Also, there are size limitations. 

Additionally, we'd like to gather more information on the issue you've encountered with YouTube TV so we'll be in a better position with a better understanding of the issue.

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
edrhathaway
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The best way i can describe it as graphics and interface failure.  as i move around the interface to resume watching or picked for you the interface graphics go crazy and sometimes lock up

0 Kudos
amazonjake
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We've been experiencing the same issues - blurred and pixelated images when streaming YouTubeTV.  In particular, this issue happens when streaming YouTubeTV on the Roku Streambar, but not the Roku Ultra.  We've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the YouTubeTV app - yet the issue persists.  This has been going on since for a number of months.

0 Kudos
Kdaz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes - same here - only on streambar

pixels blurry

0 Kudos