Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hermiko
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTube TV appearance problem

Jump to solution

Thank you. I have Power Cycled the Roku a few times and reloaded YouTubeTV each time, but issue remains. I don’t have this on any other channel on my Roku. The YTTV app works fine on iPad and iPhone. In addition to the YTTV Home page pixelation, it is also now happening when press down button 

I have tried a few times to generate a Tracker ID as instructed, but only get the Roku Home page - no Tracker ID. Also do not see how to upload photo to this thread on mobile site. Thank you 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate the response, @Hermiko.

Kindly ensure that you're clicking the Home button and Back button (The one located beside the Home button).

• Tracker ID: When you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.

With complete details, we'll be able to include the affected device in the said investigation.

We're looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MitchellLane
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My case is still in enginnering with google as of last week. It's been open for well over a month so hopefully means they are taking serious. I sent them vids of the all the rendering issues in the app.

0 Kudos
scriptatious
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine has been a few weeks as well and nothing has been done. Pixelating problem with YTTV still exists. Everytime someone complains about it they respond with the same thing over and over again. Delete the channel, add it back again, list model and serial number, post a pick of the problem, rest assured we sent it to our team and they are working on it, etc, etc. I have a feeling we will be seeing this same complaint and the same response for many months to come.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MitchellLane and @scriptatious,

Thank you for your posts!

We understand that the issue is persistent on your Roku device.

Would you mind providing the details I have requested in the above posts? In this way, we could include your device in the ongoing investigation of this issue.

We're anticipating your response.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hermiko
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Issue ID 71-181-264

Model 3810X (see previous post)

Software version 12.5.5  build 4174-50

GC version 11.3.24

0 Kudos
Hermiko
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tracker IDTracker IDHome page exampleHome page example

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, @Hermiko!

We highly appreciate you for providing us with the precise details requested! Rest assured, we will pass your information to the appropriate Roku team for review. We kindly ask for your patience and understanding while we work on this matter. Thank you again for your cooperation.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ren0901
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue, started a few days ago. Initially, the YT video will play sharp as usual for a few seconds, then it switches to a lower-def resolution. Other streaming apps play fine

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ren0901,

Thank you for posting. We understand that you're experiencing the same issue.

May we know what steps have you taken so far? Have you already tried removing and adding the channel? How about the other troubleshooting steps provided in this thread?

If the issue is persistent, kindly provide us with the complete set of details:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Photo or a clip of the said issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos