Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube TV appearance problem

Jump to solution

Hi, @amazonjake!

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Thank you for informing us of the playback issue you are experiencing with your YouTube TV. We understand that there is a known problem with this thread, but we want to make sure that you have tried the correct steps before reinstalling the app.

Please restart your device by pressing the Home>>Settings>>System>>Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step)>> Select System restart

If the problem still persists, please provide us with the following details:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once the requested information is available, we'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team for investigation and work on the issue.

Sincerely,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
amazonjake
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have restarted the Roku Streambar and uninstalled/reinstalled YouTube TV.  The problem persists.

Here is the information you requested:

Model: 9102R-Roku Soundbar

Serial number: YL006H746664

Software Version: 12.5.5 – build 4174-95

Channel: YouTubeTV

Version: 2.22

Build: 110005580

Tracker Issue ID: 64-162-491

Please instruct how to upload photos, so you can see the blurred and pixelated images.

0 Kudos
amazonjake
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Blurred imageBlurred imagePixelated imagePixelated imageRoku Streambar informationRoku Streambar informationTracker Issue IDTracker Issue IDYouTube TV app infoYouTube TV app info 

I have restarted the Roku Streambar and uninstalled/reinstalled YouTube TV.  The problem persists.

Here is the information you requested:

Model: 9102R-Roku Soundbar

Serial number: YL006H746664

Software Version: 12.5.5 – build 4174-95

Channel: YouTubeTV

Version: 2.22

Build: 110005580

Tracker Issue ID: 64-162-491

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @amazonjake 

Thank you for sharing the details with us. We will immediately forward this issue to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. In case you have any other inquiries, you can post them on this thread or let the Community know about it.

All the best,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ltedward
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a Roku ultra in my living room that has this same appearance problem.

But I also have a Roku ultra in my bedroom that does not experience this problem. I also have a Roku TV in the kids bedroom that does not have this problem.

I have tried all of the factory reset, uninstall and reinstall YouTube TV and other troubleshooting steps that have been provided. None of these fixed the problem with my Roku ultra in my living room. But it did waste a lot of my time.

I am planning to order a new Roku ultra to replace the one that is not working properly.

My challenge to Roku is why has this problem been going on for months and months and the same basic questions keep being asked over and over and over again of the Roku community. Clearly, this is not important to Roku. This problem should be escalated As high as possible in the organization as it is well documented, and many users are having this problem. It should be a top priority.

My recommendation to Roku is to offer replacement devices for those of us who have this issue.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution
Hello @ltedward,

Thanks for sharing the details here.

We understand that you're having issues with the YouTube app display. We appreciate the precise details you have provided as well as the troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to fix the issue.

Rest assured we'll flag this concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. To help the team better assess this issue, would you mind providing us with the following details?

1. Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  3. YouTube app build version.
With precise details, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. Your response is highly anticipated.

Sincerely,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scriptatious
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Am I losing my mind or haven’t these same requested details been provided numerous times already? I feel like I have went through a time warp!

But hey, rest assured they will flag this concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

0 Kudos
Hedgey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have same problem on Ultra and Stick, too. Please resolve.

0 Kudos
Hedgey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Okay, since Roku can't resolve, I did about 5 minutes of research and found that if you put Roku "Display type" settings in 720 dpi it fixes problem. However, now I don't have 1080 or 4k. Perhaps Roku you can start your research there and fix?

0 Kudos
scriptatious
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sounds like the problem is with Youtube tv since it doesn’t seem to happen on any other channel apps. I would suggest that Roku and Youtube tv get together to resolve the problem.