Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcwhalen
Reel Rookie

YouTube Roku app audio repeatedly goes flat

We recently got our first TCL tv. On the YouTube app, the sound periodically (every fifteen seconds or so) goes flat for a second or so. My partner and I both independently noticed this and it really negatively affects audio quality, especially with music.

We haven't noticed this on other apps, but we've only been using the TV for a few weeks so we're not entirely sure it's confined to YouTube.

This is my first time with a Roku TV and first time posting in the forums, so I'm not sure what information is typically needed but happy to provide whatever I can to help!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube Roku app audio repeatedly goes flat

Hi @tcwhalen,

A warm welcome here in the Roku community.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're here to help!

• Remove the YouTube: press Home > move to the right and highlight the YouTube app > (*) > select Remove channel.
  • Reboot your device's system: press Home > Settings > System > System restart.
  • Add the channel again: press Home > Select Store > select Channels, look for the YouTube app > select Add channel.

If the issue persists, let us know; we're here to further assist you with this. Thanks!

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tcwhalen
Reel Rookie

Hi Anjelie - thanks for your reply!

I've tried the steps you listed but unfortunately the issue still persists after the uninstall, reboot, and reinstall - do you have any suggestions for next steps?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tcwhalen,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We're sorry to hear that the issue has persisted despite the actions taken to resolve the issue. Rest assured that we take this concern and have taken note of it. Would you mind confirming if you've noticed this issue with the other channels? Is this issue only isolated to the YouTube channel alone?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tcwhalen
Reel Rookie

Hi Kash - thanks for your reply!

I believe this is limited only to the Youtube channel. I have not noticed it on Netflix, Disney+, or with peripherals such as a Nintendo Switch, but have heard it heavily on Youtube (~2-3 times per minute).

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tcwhalen,

We appreciate the response!

Since this issue has only been happening on a single channel, this must be an issue better addressed by the channel provider. Most channels on the Roku platform are designed, maintained, and developed by the channel providers themselves. You can reach out to YouTube directly and inquire further about the issue to address it.

We hope for your understanding regarding this matter.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos