Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b2conn
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTube Not Playing - Goes Black = EXPRESS 4k

Roku Express 4k+
Model: 3941X
S/N: X01600SSPM8K
Device id: 507P514SPM8K
Software ver: 12.5.0
Build: 4178-CR
Tracker id: impossible to get; it just navigates and displays destination view instead of any id.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @b2conn!

In order to get the tracker ID. Try this if you're using a Roku voice remote using the voice command, say "Issue ID," and then a piece of information will pop up.

Let us know if that works. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
b2conn
Channel Surfer

Tracker ID:  May be impossible due to the nature of the issues with the Express 4k+ (see below):
Tracker IDs at time of issue:  8K-445-955 and 8k455-966

For this device:
Roku Express 4k+
Model: 3941X
S/N: X01600SSPM8K
Device id: 507P514SPM8K
Software ver: 12.5.0
Build: 4178-CR
GC version: 10.2.518
Timestamp: 2023-11-06T16:35:46Z

NOTE:  Issue is that the Express 4k+ goes to black screen after 2 seconds, BUT if you press ANY button on the remote, it reverts to the running video and THEN it blacks out again, THEN press any button and it runs the video again, but then blacks out again after 2 seconds.  This is absolutely useless to watch Youtube on Roku if you have to keep pressing a button every single 2 seconds because it freezes to black and never comes back, until you press another remote button.  So... pressing the VOICE button reverts to the running video too; this may cause an inaccurate Issue ID.
This does not happen with the Roku 3; although now that I've swapped-out to use the Roku3, now several of the YouTube videos are jumping and crackling for 2 seconds at the very beginning, I wait and then they finally get to running ok. 
I appreciate it if your techs could really examine what is going on with Roku & YouTube (it's only YouTube and no other channels).  Thank you.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @b2conn,

Thank you for the reply here in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TexasGal
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube Not Playing - Goes Black

I followed your instructions, step by step twice, but with no success.  It didn't use to do that.  When was the last roku update?  Would that have caused this issue?  I remember a couple years ago, there was a different issue that was caused from an update, that eventually was resolved.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube Not Playing - Goes Black

Hi @TexasGal,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We'd love to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the YouTube channel. Can you please provide the following information that is asked below?

• May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?
  • Is this happening on this channel only, or is it affecting other channels?
  • Could you provide us with a photo of your running problem?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos