Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube App Seeking Issue

I noticed a new annoying behavior today when trying to seek in the YouTube app on my Roku. Usually when I am watching a video, if something just happened that I want to see/hear again I will press the left arrow twice and then OK, which used to do this:

1. <- - Bring up the seek bar.

2. <- - Seek back 10 seconds.

3. OK - Play

Now, when I do this, the second press (to seek back 10 seconds) will jump back 10 seconds and then immediately reset to the current play time (e.g., it does nothing). Might seem like a minor thing, but it's annoying and it makes no sense to have a button press that immediately undoes itself.

Just in the interests of narrowing down if it's an issue with the app or if it's something on my end, is anyone else experiencing this issue with the YouTube app when trying to seek?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube App Seeking Issue

Hi @LewisPattJr,

Greetings!

Thanks for sharing this experience you had with the YouTube channel. This sounds like a system functionality in the channel itself, and inquiring about this directly to YouTube is a good option to let them know that this behavior exists within their channel on the Roku platform. Reach them here.

If there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos