Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Xfinity buffering and stoppage (and other channels too)

I am no longer with Xfinity, but the only thing that I ever did to get rid of buffering was to restart my TV through the roku system menu.

0 Kudos

Restart your device it worked for me every  time I had buffering.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

0 Kudos
6sense
Level 7

Like I said, I've tried everything.

Only happens (often) with the Xfinity Beta App. All other apps work fine. "Tried Everything"!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@6sense

Thank for the post. 

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings> System> System restart.

If you are still experiencing an issue with channel playback, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
6sense
Level 7

OK, I finally after many hours/DAYS of doing this and doing that and replacing equipment got the fix. Home mesh system did it. I purchased (not to advertise) the Netgear Orbi home Mesh system as suggested by the comcast Tech that came to my house and replaced all the cable and connectors. Good Luck everyone.....this was the best one I had yet. I just get the impression it's all about how can we find ways for the consumer to spend more money.

0 Kudos