Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Xfinity buffering and stoppage (and other channels too)

I am no longer with Xfinity, but the only thing that I ever did to get rid of buffering was to restart my TV through the roku system menu.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Restart your device it worked for me every  time I had buffering.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

0 Kudos
6sense
Reel Rookie

Like I said, I've tried everything.

Only happens (often) with the Xfinity Beta App. All other apps work fine. "Tried Everything"!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@6sense

Thank for the post. 

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings> System> System restart.

If you are still experiencing an issue with channel playback, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
6sense
Reel Rookie

OK, I finally after many hours/DAYS of doing this and doing that and replacing equipment got the fix. Home mesh system did it. I purchased (not to advertise) the Netgear Orbi home Mesh system as suggested by the comcast Tech that came to my house and replaced all the cable and connectors. Good Luck everyone.....this was the best one I had yet. I just get the impression it's all about how can we find ways for the consumer to spend more money.

0 Kudos
Joe35

This same thing has been happening to me over the last week.  Been using roku sticks for many years without issue until this.  Roku support said it's Xfinity's problem and Xfinity support says it's Roku's problem.

Roku Support is wrong and unhelpful.  I have an Amazon Fire TV that streams the same recording which Roku cannot stream.

Fix: throw your roku sticks away and never buy them again.  replace with something else (Amazon Fire TV works).

0 Kudos
sellsmri

Restart from the Roku settings menu worked for me!

0 Kudos
llgrubbs
Reel Rookie

I solved the problem.  Dropped Xfinity/Comcast and switched to Metronet/YouTube TV.

0 Kudos