Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TDrummer33
Level 7

Xfinity beta app won’t sign in

Why can’t I sign onto Xfinity beta app? I go through the process of connecting my account to the app but it keeps going back to the same screen and will not sign in my account what do I do??

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
dadiboned
Level 7

Re: Xfinity beta app won’t sign in

I am in the exact same boat.  Hope somebody can figure this out for us please. My wife fell asleep watching a show on the app and I attempted to change channel only to get the non stop 3 dots flashing forever. Tried to back track only to be asked to log into account which I did only to have this repeat itself over and over. This is on a TCL Roku tv in which I have a fire stick also connected to and which the Xfinity app is working fine on. Xfinity app also working on my phone so the Roku option is not allowing app to function properly.

You two should probably contact Xfinity support to report your issue.

0 Kudos
kmiller14
Level 8

It's the Roku update. Doesn't work with any apps.

0 Kudos

If it is the update why then is it working well on my Westinghouse Roku TV? 

0 Kudos
kmiller14
Level 8

Roku updated to 10.5, then almost none of the apps work on both my HiSense Roku TV's immediately.

My Xfinity internet works fine on all other devices. So what would it be?

It's Roku's job to make sure their updates are compatible.

0 Kudos

I own 3 Roku TVs and a soundbar that also streams and the only problem that I have do to the update is on one of my Westinghouse's that has an antenna attached is showing one bar of signal strength instead of the actual signal strength. If I was having an issue with the Xfinty app I would contact Xfinity support. Xfinity will have more information and will be able to guide you in the right direction. Xfinity is responsible for it's app working correctly on Roku devices not the other way around. 

0 Kudos
kmiller14
Level 8

Talked to Xfinity. It's not my internet or just the Xfinity app.  It is the Roku TV's after the update.

It is ROKU.

I want 10.0 back. Period.

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you.

Did you restart your Roku before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we suggest giving it a shot once again.

If the issue still persists, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • provide us the screenshot of the issue

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
Jwanderson
Level 7

That problem still exist for me with the Roku devices. I have 3 devices and none of them will allow me to sign in to the Xfinity beta streaming app. I have tried everything that was mentioned above.  The model number is 3800x.  Help.

Jeanette

0 Kudos