Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DF608
Level 7

Xfinity Stream Beta App Won't Download

Jump to solution

I cannot get the Xfinity Stream to download to Roku. I search the streaming channels and I get a result and for a brief moment I see the Xfinity icon then it turns into a gray box. When I click add channel I get a Channel install failed message. Then I went to my phone Roku remote and went to the Streaming Channel search on the Roku site and found the channel and clicked install. It shows installled but I can't find it anywhere. TWO DAYS I've been trying. I've restarted my gateway. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and I am over it. Will someone please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta App Won't Download

Jump to solution

@DF608-

Umm..  Per the Xfinity page I gave you a link to (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku), the old Roku Streaming Stick 3500, released in 2014, is NOT listed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@DF608-

When seeking help it's ALWAYS a good idea to include your Roku model, model number, and Roku software version (all available via Roku menu path Settings > System > About), as this may help pin down the problem and the advice you need may depend on this information.

Is your Roku model listed as a supported device on this xFinity page?

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
DF608
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, it's supported. That's one of the first things I checked since I wasn't sure how old the Roku was. It is a 3500, by the way. I totally reset the Roku and went through a whole new set up. Still won't work.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@DF608-

Umm..  Per the Xfinity page I gave you a link to (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku), the old Roku Streaming Stick 3500, released in 2014, is NOT listed.

0 Kudos