Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

Xfiity Beta app giving problems

I have Xfinity in my home and 3 Roku boxes. I was using a basic Xfinity converter box at $8.99/mo for the Kitchen TV which was on CNN most of the time. I installed CNN NBC and a few other news apps and all ok on the ruku box's. I was planning to use one of the Roku boxes on the Kitchen TV and save $9/mo.

When I installed the Xfinity Beta app so as to see al the channels I am paying for through the Roku box in the Kitchen I lost most all the apps for CNN, NBC ect. The app for CNN now only allows me to subscribe. It doesn't all me to confirm I have an CNN subscription through Xfinity as it did when I set it up.

Can this be a result of installing the Xfinity app? 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Tom 

When I learned about

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

Re: Xfiity Beta app giving problems

I did remove the CNN channel  and do a reset and add it again bust same problem. It asks only if I want a 7 day free trial or sign in to my account. Then I go to the sign in page its a CNN sign in and my xfinity sign in doesn't work.

Tom

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Lost all your channels in your xFinity? Or channels on Roku? Roku uses channels. Some may call them apps. Netflix is a channel on Roku. CNN just released the CNN+ subscription. There is no more CNNgo. You now just download the new CNN channel for Roku and log in with your TV provider. But there is a separate feature for CNN+

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Tom3holer  This isn’t a Roku issue. There are 2 sign in options. One for CNN+ and one for CNN tv provider 

0 Kudos
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

I have not lost all the the xfinity channels, just several of those I had added such as CNN, NBC and a couple of others.

There is only CNN to choose from, no CNN+ on the Roku. I do that and below on the ADD channel page it says watch CNN live with your subscriber but when the channel comes up it either asks for you to select a 7 day free trial or log on to CNN. No option to use your subscriber as there was before. A couple of other news channels on Roku are also not reloading.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Tom3holer  As I previously mentioned are you talking about channels within your XFinity channel or channels on your Roku. Can you please clarify this. 

0 Kudos
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

Channels on the Roku.

When searching for CNN on Roku there is no CNN+ listed and no way to search for CNN+ as I can't find a way to get the plus in there.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Tom3holer  Ok so now we have that straightened out. Your talking about Roku channels themselves. As I previously mentioned CNN just updated their channel/app across all platforms. With the launch of CNN+ they removed CNNgp. CNNgo use to be how you logged into CNN with a tv provider. CNNgo is gone. Now it’s just CNN. The CNN channel has 2 options. CNN tv provider and CNN+. CNN+ is an entirely separate subscription from CNN. This isn’t a Roku issue. I don’t use the CNN channel. But you can log in with a TV provider. It’s there cause others have done it

0 Kudos
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

Thank you for the help.

As I mentioned before there is no option to sign on with a TV provider as there was before I installed the Xfinity channel. That might just be a coincidence. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Tom3holer  It’s there. Has nothing to do with installing the xFinity channel. Please read this. But this isn’t a Roku issue. You can reach out to CNN. The new CNN channel allows for 2 different logins. One for TV provider and one for CNN+. The ESPN channel also allows for 2 logins 

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/d5ad40d414a59b3641556ec7804f5bf7/cnngo

0 Kudos