Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdavis33
Reel Rookie

Wrong movie with the same name- what women want

On the Roku app, you can search a tv/movie and it’ll bring it up to show you where all you can stream it. I wanted to watch “what a girls wants” so I searched it. It said it was on a free channel, but when I clicked on it brings up a different movie with the same name, even though all the details and picture match the other movie. Is there a way to report this? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wrong movie with the same name- what women want

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @mdavis33!

It is highly appreciated that you have brought this to our attention and we would be more than happy to look closely into this matter to further investigate and correct it.

Before we proceed, could you please let us know which specific channel you have observed this? In addition, please provide us with an indication of what should be in the film rather than what is being played. 

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mdavis33
Reel Rookie

Re: Wrong movie with the same name- what a girl wants

I apologize, I made a mistake in my previous post. The correct movie title is “What A Girl Wants” (2003). It shows that it is on FreeTube. When it goes to the app it plays “What A Girl Wants” (2018). The Picture on the left is what was supposed to play and the picture on the right is what actually plays  

IMG_1576.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the quick response, @mdavis33!

Since this is an isolated case within the FeeTube channel, it will be highly effective if you raise this directly with the channel provider themselves as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. They will be the ones who can correct this.

You can reach them on here: FreeTube Channel Support

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mdavis33
Reel Rookie

Awesome! Thank you so much for the information. I’ll be sure to let them know! 

0 Kudos