Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeekyRedhead
Channel Surfer

Wrong Movie With Same Name - Split (2017)

Jump to solution

Searching the movie Split (2017) from director M. Night Shyamalan, I see Plex is running it for free. Only it isn't. It's another movie completely called "Split", also from 2017 (?) . Please correct this error.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeekyRedhead
Channel Surfer

Re: Wrong Movie With Same Name - Split (2017)

Jump to solution

I'm deleting this thread. But before I do, let me enlighten you on a few things. Over the years, I've seen people report things like "Incorrect Listings", and the responder simply thanks them for taking the time to alert them, then fixes the issue. I'm really not sure what your experience is, but your responses are wildly inexplicable and unrelated to anything I have said. For example, your last reply: "It appears that you are accessing this content directly through the Plex app..." was completely inaccurate. NOWHERE did I say I was on the Plex App. In fact, I said SEVERAL times that the Plex listing was correct. So with all due respect, perhaps putting on your "Listening Ears" (or in this case, reading; people are taking their own time to do this, so the very least you can do is pay attention.

So for the VERY last time, here is the situation. I DO NOT want a reply, as I find your communication skills highly inadequate, and every time I read your replies I get incredibly frustrated and angry. No one needs that. So again...

Screenshot 2023-11-07 195745.jpg I used Roku Search to locate my movie. At the time, Plex was the only free app running it, so I chose it. As you know, when you click on a movie from search, it goes right to playing it. It was about 10 mins. into it before I realized something was off. Backing out of playback, I can then see the description and cast, making it clear from reading the PLEX listing that this was the wrong "Split". Backing out again, (I'm "validating" this by repeating the steps as I type; see, THAT'S how you validate!), I see that the Plex listing had the correct details for the 2016 "Split" then back again to exit Plex to see the ROKU listing details, which are for the 2017 "Split" with James McAvoy.

So in very simple terms, I chose a movie FROM THE ROKU SEARCH, but landed on a different film BY THE SAME NAME. Maybe you can actually fix this now instead of jumping to inappropriate and unfounded assumptions. And again, do not attempt to respond. It's unnecessary and against my explicit wishes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku is having major problems with the program description data base for The Roku Channel not reflecting the programs actually available. They are aware of this and are supposed to be working on the problem.

In the meanwhile all you can do is bring individual problems to their attention as you have done here.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
GeekyRedhead
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

STILL not corrected. How difficult is it to change cover art and descriptions?! Come on, guys; get this FIXED already!!!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @GeekyRedhead

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for flagging this to us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble this may have caused. May we know which specific channel you are accessing this content? Also, can we please have an image referring to the expected movie to be played together with the movie that actually plays?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GeekyRedhead
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My original post has all the info you need to correct this MINOR issue:

"Searching the movie Split (2017) from director M. Night Shyamalan, I see Plex is running it for free. Only it isn't. It's another movie completely called "Split", also from 2017 (?) . Please correct this error."

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@GeekyRedhead,

We have validated this on our end, and in this case, we'd recommend contacting directly our partner, Plex, for further assistance about this. Most of the channels on Roku are managed and updated directly by the channel providers themselves including the content available on their channel. Roku only hosts the channel on the platform.

You can contact them here: Contact

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GeekyRedhead
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm not sure what you "validated", but you're seriously over-complicating this. It's listed CORRECTLY on Plex. It's the Roku listing that shows the wrong movie info, as I CLEARLY stated. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@GeekyRedhead,

Thanks for the response,

It appears that you are accessing this content directly through the Plex app, which is currently not accessible on The Roku Channel. As a result, the issue you are experiencing may need to be addressed by the channel support team, as they are responsible for managing and updating the content available on their platform.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GeekyRedhead
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
GeekyRedhead
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm deleting this thread. But before I do, let me enlighten you on a few things. Over the years, I've seen people report things like "Incorrect Listings", and the responder simply thanks them for taking the time to alert them, then fixes the issue. I'm really not sure what your experience is, but your responses are wildly inexplicable and unrelated to anything I have said. For example, your last reply: "It appears that you are accessing this content directly through the Plex app..." was completely inaccurate. NOWHERE did I say I was on the Plex App. In fact, I said SEVERAL times that the Plex listing was correct. So with all due respect, perhaps putting on your "Listening Ears" (or in this case, reading; people are taking their own time to do this, so the very least you can do is pay attention.

So for the VERY last time, here is the situation. I DO NOT want a reply, as I find your communication skills highly inadequate, and every time I read your replies I get incredibly frustrated and angry. No one needs that. So again...

Screenshot 2023-11-07 195745.jpg I used Roku Search to locate my movie. At the time, Plex was the only free app running it, so I chose it. As you know, when you click on a movie from search, it goes right to playing it. It was about 10 mins. into it before I realized something was off. Backing out of playback, I can then see the description and cast, making it clear from reading the PLEX listing that this was the wrong "Split". Backing out again, (I'm "validating" this by repeating the steps as I type; see, THAT'S how you validate!), I see that the Plex listing had the correct details for the 2016 "Split" then back again to exit Plex to see the ROKU listing details, which are for the 2017 "Split" with James McAvoy.

So in very simple terms, I chose a movie FROM THE ROKU SEARCH, but landed on a different film BY THE SAME NAME. Maybe you can actually fix this now instead of jumping to inappropriate and unfounded assumptions. And again, do not attempt to respond. It's unnecessary and against my explicit wishes.

0 Kudos