Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwhitejazz
Streaming Star

Wondrium Channel: Sign In Every Time Roku Restarted

Ever since the Great Courses channel was migrated to Wondrium I have to sign into the channel every time the Roku box is restarted. Not sure if I need to remove and re-add the channel to fix the problem. However, there is no option to remove the channel. Stuck. Please advise.

11 REPLIES 11
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wondrium Channel: Sign In Every Time Roku Restarted

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key on remote and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel from Streaming channels on home screen menu.. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
dwhitejazz
Streaming Star

There is no option to remove the channel. Surprised it is not in the list of options. 

makaiguy

@dwhitejazz wrote:

There is no option to remove the channel. Surprised it is not in the list of options. 

Is this something for which you have a paid subscription through Roku?  If so you'll need to unsubscribe from the channel before you can remove it.  Subscriptions are prepaid so it will continue for the balance of the prepaid subscription period, but you should now be able to remove the channel / restart the Roku (don't skip this step) / reinstall the channel.  When the original subscription runs out you can resubscribe if desired.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

dwhitejazz
Streaming Star

I had to unsubscribe in order to remove the channel. I then rebooted the Roku and re-added the channel. I was able to sign in.

Unfortunately, these steps did not resolve the issue. If the Roku is rebooted I am still prompted to sign in.

Other settings such as turning off autoplay are not retained either.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dwhitejazz

Thanks for the follow up.

For more information about that channel's channel authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dwhitejazz
Streaming Star

Wondrium support has confirmed via email there is a problem requiring a channel update along with other pending fixes. No workaround. I'm just waiting now for the next channel update. 

makaiguy

Thanks for reporting back.

0 Kudos
jgiannis

This is happening to me too. 

Every time I start Wondrium, I am signed out, and it suggests that I sign in with a different email (the email that is assigned to my Roku device is different than the email that is registered to Wondrium).  

Is there a fix that will allow me to stay signed in?  I see the previous user’s posts were from mid-2021.  It is now almost mid-2022. 

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @jgiannis, thank you for reaching out in regards to this. To get more information on how to keep signed in to Wondrium, we would recommend reaching out to them directly. You can get in contact with their support team at https://www.wondrium.com/contact. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know! 

0 Kudos