Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is anyone else have trouble accessing NewMax+ after paying for it

Jump to solution

@Gringohodido wrote:

Good morning  I am having the very same problem no Newsmax+ on Roku after paying for the subscription, BUT I have it working perfectly on Newsmax+ app on my I phone.?? 

The app on your phone isn't written in the same programming language as the app on a Roku. Newsmax dropped the ball by not having a new version of their app ready for Roku devices when they changed their service to a paid system. You need to complain to Newsmax, not Roku. Only Newsmax can update their channel/app to work with their new service. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ssd123
Reel Rookie

Re: Will Roku carry Newsmax Plus?

Jump to solution

Yep, I signed up and cancelled today.  If its not on Roku, I am not interested.  Back to OAN I go..

DonnaM
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Same here.  I am all over @newsmaxhelp on Twitter, I also e-mailed them here https://www.newsmax.com/contact/ and will be calling shortly 844.500.6397.  This was the most disorganized stupidest decision they could make with no real advance notice.  I REFUSE to have to "CAST" from my laptop to my TV.  DON'T DISNEY MY ROKU STREAM!!

atc98092

Jump to solution

@ssd123 wrote:

It is official.  Newsmax Plus IS NOT available on Roku.

Who says so? Has Newsmax confirmed they will not update their existing Roku app/channel? The only information I can find on their web site still says Roku devices are supported. But they also don't seem to have any information posted yet about the change to subscription only. In fact, they still brag on their web site they are free.

Dan

DonnaM
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I take back a portion of my post.  The telephone number DOES NOT WORK.  "Invalid extension no".  That's the number they issued on their website.  Now, I'm even more upset!!

atc98092

Jump to solution

OK. Found a new page on their web site. It wasn't posted plainly on their main page, but I did find it. Right now, this is all they report as supported for Newsmax+:

Where to Watch Newsmax+

Newsmax+ is available on all of your favorite mobile devices, smart TVs, and OTT devices.

• Apple iPhones
  • Apple iPads
  • Apple TV

• Android Phones
  • Android Tablets
  • Android TVs

• Fire TV Stick
  • Fire TV Stick 4K
  • Fire TV Televisions

They also had a graphic that wouldn't copy over, showing a number of smart TVs, but they also specifically show Roku devices supporting Newsmax+. So they appear to have plans for a workable app for Roku. They simply appear to have dropped the ball on having it ready for release today.

Dan

PawPawRon
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am currently watching the NEW Newsmax Live on the ROKU Channel live feed and I never signed up for the new service. 

Upon searching for Newsmax on the ROKU search, the NewsmaxLive came up under ROKU Channel.

I agree that Newsmax did a terrible job of assisting their viewers in making this transition but if ROKU channel is going to carry it, that is only an extra click or two to watch the news we have viewing for the past 3 years. Check it out yourself and post back here so others can go back to watching their favorite news programs.

alyspy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

this phone 844.500.6397 is no longer in service

atc98092

Jump to solution

I found they have created a new web site: https://www.newsmaxplus.com/

On this page, they specifically list Roku as a supported device. They obviously plan on supporting Roku, but someone dropped the ball having the new version of the channel available on launch day. 

Dan

Jump to solution

I got an e-mail back from Newsmax that they are having a temporary problem with Roku and it should be fixed by tomorrow.