Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonnaM
Roku Guru

Re: Will Roku carry Newsmax Plus?

Jump to solution

I just contacted them as well.  Very disappointed today.  Even online is constant "buffering".  I refuse to have to use my laptop to CAST to my TV.  They better get their stuff together, or they'll end up like another Disney disaster!!

Re: Is anyone else have trouble accessing NewMax+ after paying for it

Jump to solution

Good morning  I am having the very same problem no Newsmax+ on Roku after paying for the subscription, BUT I have it working perfectly on Newsmax+ app on my I phone.?? 

Ladyjane719
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Can you tell me where you found the info for Newsmax +?  I purchased last night, got an email for my receipt but no subscription number.

DonnaM
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My APP I had, made me get the new Newsmax+, then it automatically loaded for me...Newsmax has a number if that helps 844.500.6397

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@LW007 wrote:

All I see are comments from people in the same position I am in however NO answers from Roku. What is the answer?

Roku can't give you any answers. The responsibility for this channel/app lies solely with Newsmax. They are the only ones that can create and release a new version of their app for Roku. They appear to have dropped the ball in that they changed to a paid format but forgot they needed to update their apps on the various platforms. 

You need to direct your complaint at Newsmax, not Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
ssd123
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is official.  Newsmax Plus IS NOT available on Roku.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@LW007 wrote:

So Roku will not carry Newsmax+? Just checking to confirm.

Ask Newsmax. They are the only ones that can update their existing app to work with their new service. Roku has no control over it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
LW007

Jump to solution

Yes thanks for the confirmation and I have been on hold with Newsmax customer service for 32 minutes now.

Michaelmace
Binge Watcher

Re: Where do I find Newsmax +?

Jump to solution

I'm having same problem!! Frustrating!! Paid for it on my phone which doesn't help either. UPDATE; Had a discussion with Customer Service and was told that they are aware of this issue and Techs are working to update feed.

chelle3073
Reel Rookie

Re: Where do I find Newsmax +?

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. I think it’s the government trying to keep people from supporting. I just said yesterday that Newsmax messed up signing the contract with cable networks because the government is in control of cable networks. They were free to everyone now the government can pull them from cable networks and since they signed the contract that they wouldn’t offer free on streaming, noe one will be able to see truthful news

0 Kudos