Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lioness270

Re: Will Roku carry Newsmax Plus?

Jump to solution

Are you going to carry the newsmax+ app? I don't blame Roku for Newsmax+  charging but I blame Roku for not carrying Newsmax+. 

Michelk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I deleted the existing Newsmax channel and then rebooted the ROKU.  It did not work for me.  Still no Newsmax+ channel or app.

Michel G.

tgrant

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. I deleted the app and reinstalled after purchasing Newsmax+ and now it works fine. I get all the content

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Lioness270 wrote:

Are you going to carry the newsmax+ app? I don't blame Roku for Newsmax+  charging but I blame Roku for not carrying Newsmax+. 

You can't blame Roku for a channel not being there. They don't create channels for 3rd parties. The providers must develop their own channels. Roku is merely the platform available for them to use. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Michelk wrote:

I deleted the existing Newsmax channel and then rebooted the ROKU.  It did not work for me.  Still no Newsmax+ channel or app.

The report I heard was that the channel isn't labeled Newsmax+. It's still the same name, but within the channel there is now a way to log in and access your paid content. Again, I don't use the service so I can't verify the claims. But more than one user has said it works for them. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
KennyL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I signed up for Newsmax+ last night. Got it playing on my iPad and then I airplay it on my Samsung TV. But no way I can get Newsmax+ playing thru Roku. I guess I am ok with it for now. I enjoy watching Newsmax. I hope they can sort the apps out quickly on Roku, so we can get back to business as usual, except now we are paying for it.

Ladyjane719
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I signed up for Newsmax Plus last night believing that at 12:01 am the app would be on Roku and in the Apple App Store.  Nothing.  All I can get is Newsmax 2.  I have a call in to Newsmax to see what’s going on. I paid the subscription fee and don’t want to be out of the free 15 day streaming.  I don’t think Newsmax has their act together.

LisaT0527
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What's the other thread? I tried that and it didn't work.

0 Kudos
NoQuarter

Jump to solution

I tried your suggestion. Didn't work 🤷‍♂️

ElricOfMelnibon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thank u for the info