Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Will Roku carry Newsmax Plus?

Jump to solution

Other than The Roku Channel, Roku is NOT responsible for writing apps. It is up to Newsmax to write a Roku app or other way to watch. It seems as if this paid plan came up with barely 24-hours warning and they didn't think of the consequences.

andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Is anyone else have trouble accessing NewMax+ after paying for it

Jump to solution

Supposedly, the standard Newsmax app will work?

larnsal
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Whoever is at fault, it is not too smart to not have the ducks in a row and we can't see real news now!!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@larnsal wrote:

Whoever is at fault, it is not too smart to not have the ducks in a row and we can't see real news now!!

The fault lies solely with Newsmax. It's their channel and their service. Roku merely offers the platform for a provider to build an app for their users. Newsmax rolled this out with no warning to their users, so they are the ones you need to be complaining to.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Mindyr82
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The current app is only airing what is now being dubbed as Newsmax2, despite removing/reinstalling there is no option to log in to anything from the app.

larnsal
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Okay, I'm all over it with them!

atc98092

Re: Is anyone else have trouble accessing NewMax+ after paying for it

Jump to solution

Your complaint is with Newsmax, not Roku. Newsmax is solely responsible for the apps they offer for different platforms (such as Roku devices) and it's their service. They made the change to a paid service without any warning to users, so they need to hear your complaints.

Some users have reported the existing Newsmax channel for Roku works with the new pay service. But you might need to remove the channel, reboot your Roku, then install the channel again to ensure you have the correct version. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
jdbelknap
Reel Rookie

Newsmax plus app missing possible due to contract dispute (?)

Jump to solution

It is not being covered on Newsmax but this is contract renewal time and I suspect that this is a result of a breakdown in negotiations.  Recall the last time this happened and after a long protracted time they resolved.  I suspect that News Max decided it was time to change directions.  Yes, they should have been proactive in setting up the infrastructure before making a 24 hour decision.  Will bare with them as there few true options of this caliber. 

makaiguy

Re: Newsmax plus app missing possible due to contract dispute (?)

Jump to solution

Nope, not a negotiation issue.  Newsmax is going to paid access only, effective Nov 1.  See this existing thread.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Alice54

Jump to solution

I e-mail Roku - They told me that they are having issues with channel.  Try in 24 hours