Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Missylou
Reel Rookie

Re: Newsmax Plus is not available on Roku TV

Jump to solution

worked on my roku app last night and not this am........ error message says not signed in......

0 Kudos
Born2wice
Channel Surfer

Re: Is Roku going to carry Newsmax Plus?

Jump to solution

If they arent carrying it they shouldnt have charged me $53.  So far Roku nor Newsmax has reached out despite numerous calls, posts and emails.  I might not be purchasing anything through Roku again.  Will just sign in to the app without Roku assistance if no customer service.  Ridiculous.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Born2wice Newsmax is available on Roku devices. Newsmax did not rename the app, it's still just called Newsmax TV. But the refreshed version now allows signing into your Newsmax account and view all Plus material. If you're having issues getting signed in with the new version of the app, you need to contact Newsmax for assistance. If your version of the app doesn't offer the ability to log in, you need to update the app, which can be done by pressing the * button while the Newsmax all is highlighted on the home screen and then selecting Update. 

If you are subscribed to Newsmax through Roku, I'm uncertain how the login should work. Again, Newsmax is the one that can answer that, as it's their app. Roku would only be handling the billing as a third party, and they have no control over how the app works. It's really best to subscribe to services directly with the provider, as that removes any potential problem with a 3rd party biller. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Born2wice
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you Dan.  Im updated and Roku shows paid through Nov 2024.  Its still not working.  I have attempted contact with Newsmax by phone at least 10 times never reaching an agent, emailed support- no response, left a voicemail- no response.  

Roku has it signed up & under my information on Roku.  When i attempt logging into Newsmaxplus.com with my Roku information it shows no plan.

When viewing on Roku if i try to watch live I am offered a plan at $4.99 although i have already been charged $49.99 for the year.

Based on what you are saying I am wondering if Roku is not providing Newsmax with information on purchases made through them.  Very disturbing.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Another person that knows more about that specific app than I do says you don't use your Roku login, regardless of what it says. You should have a Newsmax user name and password, and that is what is supposed to be used for logging into the app.

Again, I'm just passing on information I heard from someone else that has more familiarity with the app than I do. I try to stay away from all news sites, because they all have distortions in one way or another. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos