Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why is my YouTube music volume so low but everything else is normal volume?

Hi @RowCuckoo,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with low audio on some of your videos on your YouTube channel. Do you have any other devices connected to your TV? (e.g., speakers and other sound systems) Please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided above by @RokuJanadeeK and see if this will resolve the issue.
Let us know what you find out, and we'd be happy to assist you further.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RowCuckoo
Binge Watcher

There are no additional audio devices or speakers connected to the TV.  I do not have volume leveling on, and the audio mode was already set to stereo.

It does not seem to be connected with the video quality for the quiet videos.

Whenever I have some more time, I’ll see if the problem is related to specific ads being served or servers the videos are stored on.

I think this is probably a YouTube app issue since it just started, and the YouTube app looks to be dated from 9/6/23.

0 Kudos
Kirbysan
Channel Surfer

For my issue, I also have no sound bar or anything.

I also have youtube premium recently. So I havent been going thru ads.

I resisted the thought of it at first and bought another roku to try. It was also ultra and also fell victim to quiet mvs.

But it worked off initial first day, with an old version maybe of youtube. Then updated to current **bleep** overnight. I did as I said also send info to youtube support two times mentioning my old ultra and a new ultra both had same problem.

Ill play my mvs every day and hope...

My reccomends are awesome but they have a lot of mvs mixed in with normal content which becomes LOUD after I have tv up to 100 for music. I kinda wish I could turn a button for MV only and then I can leave my vol at max.

I did try vevo again today. But they do not have much of what I have been listening to.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for your response and for sharing this with us, @RowCuckoo and @Kirbysan.

If there are no other apps affected by this audio issue, we believe the issue may lie within the YouTube app itself. If you haven't reached out to them yet, we recommend you do so to inquire further. You can reach them here. Alternatively, try checking for volume or audio options on your TV rather than the streaming device to check for differences.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kirbysan
Channel Surfer

I buy an xbox media remote so I can continue to watch youtube without waking up a gaming controller every 2-3 videos.

However it is not popular for me to leave the tv on xbox when other people are home. I really do hope the roku ultra gets a fix one day, someday. Or come out with a higher end /new device that comes with differnt version of youtube. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for providing us with updates. @Kirbysan,

We have taken note of this, and since you're able to update the YouTube channel on your Roku Ultra, we recommend contacting YouTube directly and letting them know about the experience you had so that they can update their channel on the Roku platform.

We hope the best for you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos