Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirbysan
Channel Surfer

Why is my YouTube music volume so low but everything else is normal volume?

I have this problem too with music videos, not only music. Videos I have playlisted and know are good. If I play on my phone or on my xbox app for youtube, music videos is normal level. It is only on roku that is near silent. Yes volume 100 get close to old normal volume, but then I watch normal youtube content that is then super loud. I normally have my vol at 16-20 for music videos.

I have tried * during playback, which I did not know was a thing. Turning leveling off added a miniscule amout of volume. Maybe it makes 100 vol as loud as 15. I dont see any kind of dolby option to toggle.

I'll use my xbox instead of your roku product again for my premium youtube account. It sucks using a gaming controller that needs to be powered up every 15 minutes to type something in a search. Let alone if i set the controller down on the ffw button.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Kirbysan
Channel Surfer

Why is my YouTube music volume so low but everything else is normal volume?

It has to be a broken roku device, tho I cannot imagine how just music videos on youtube app are the only things effected and to such degree.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled. I have tried playing videos as guest logged out from my youtube account. I have changed accounts.

I have just now moved it to a different tv and is still quiet only on MVs.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why is my YouTube music volume so low but everything else is normal volume?

Hi @Kirbysan,

Thanks for sharing this concern with us. We're delighted to assist.

May we know if you have tried the provided fix for this one? If not, we recommend you do so by verifying that volume modes and sound settings are entirely disabled. During playback, press the Star (*) button, select Sound Settings/Volume Mode, and verify that each setting is turned off. This support article will guide you further: Adjust volume modes during playback. If performing this made no changes, kindly check your sound settings and try setting it to Auto Stereo. To do this, go to Settings > Audio > Audio Mode.

Additionally, prior to adding the YouTube app, kindly perform a system restart. In this way, we'll be able to ensure a proper channel reboot. Lastly, may we know if the audio issues affect only the YouTube app? Or is it happening across all your channels?

Kindly keep us informed of what you find out.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kirbysan
Channel Surfer

Thanks, I did this as offered above in thr thread. It seemed to help user in 2021. That did not fix issue.

I did find support agent chat, and we ended up exhausting all the options.

I even extra tried plugging into a new tv. A tv that has a cheaper roku express that works fine. Still low. Swapping hdmi ports and cables.

Against advice of agent. I bought a new roku top model, same model. I just wanted to be sure it wasnt an option to fix.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @Kirbysan!

In this case, mentioning that you've already exhausted all the troubleshooting procedures with one of our live Support agents, we humbly ask you to provide us with the following details below for us to effectively forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix this as soon as possible:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (This can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. What version/build is the app? (This can be found by highlighting the channel/app on the Home screen and pressing the Star* button)
  3. Tracker ID (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have the information needed, the appropriate Roku team will certainly be made aware of this. We'll be waiting for your response as we are committed to finding a resolution to your concerns. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kirbysan
Channel Surfer

Well, I ordered a new roku ultra, same model as I was having a problem with.

Im going to skip looking up and posting all those details. The new roku works right as rain. I donno what, if some option got changed or updated, if the device was plugged in during lightning strike or what. Something was off with that device.

I did contact youtube support as well. Told them everything roku support had me try and that included everything he was going to have me try.

So Im all good. Fix for me was new roku of the same model.

0 Kudos
Kirbysan
Channel Surfer

So... A day later with my new roku. The volume was fixed for that day I had plugged in the new Roku, but it is now back to very quiet music videos.

So. I will look up and provide this informations now.

4802RW Roku Ultra

X01000m1k9dd serial

S0DC2351k9DD device id

12.0.0 build 4184-c2

No OS number listed?

Youtube version 2.23

Build 115025125

Issue tracker

ID DD-361-061

*This is info from the new roku that now suffered the same issue.

It still blows my mind how, even if its tv, or the roku, or a channel or whatever, how are music videos effected and not other things.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kirbysan,

Thanks for providing the necessary information about this issue.

We'll have this information shared with the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We will make sure to post an update to this discussion as soon as we have new information available.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kirbysan
Channel Surfer

Thank you. I sent some of this like update versions and model to youtube support in case it falls on them to make changes/updates.

0 Kudos
RowCuckoo
Binge Watcher

I also have this issue with the YouTube app on my Roku Ultra.  It began very recently.

Model 4800X - Roku Ultra

Software version 12.0.0 build 4184-C2

Youtube app 2.23 build 115025125 (in the YouTube app version web_20230906_10_RC00)

It is not every music video that has this problem, and I haven’t figured out yet why some videos have this problem while others do not.

Example:

Normal volume

Quiet volume

On my PCs, iPad, and iPhone, these videos play fine, and I can even use AirPlay from the iPad or iPhone to the Roku Ultra without volume issues.  But directly in the YouTube app on my Roku Ultra, the volume level is very low on many music videos that I’ve previously had no problems with.

0 Kudos