Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woundedwoman31
Reel Rookie

Why is my YouTube music volume so low but everything else is normal volume?

Jump to solution

I’ve had this issue for about a week. When I play music from YouTube, the music is pretty low, I have to turn it up to 100 to listen to it which is annoying because the ads are normal volume so it blasts through my speakers when they come on. I’ve played other videos and they’re normal volume, it is literally only music that plays the volume super low. I’ve restarted my Roku, deleted the YouTube channel and re-downloaded it, but the issue still persists.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Why is my YouTube music volume so low but everything else is normal volume?

Jump to solution

Verify you dont have Volume Modes/Sound Settings enabled:   During playback, press Options (*), seclect Sound Settings/Volume Mode and verify each setting/it is off

https://support.roku.com/article/226802507

Otherwise, check your sound settings and try toggling them between auto and PCM-Stereo:  Settings/Audio/HDMI and Settings/Audio/Audio Mode

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Verify you dont have Volume Modes/Sound Settings enabled:   During playback, press Options (*), seclect Sound Settings/Volume Mode and verify each setting/it is off

https://support.roku.com/article/226802507

Otherwise, check your sound settings and try toggling them between auto and PCM-Stereo:  Settings/Audio/HDMI and Settings/Audio/Audio Mode

woundedwoman31
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Knew it’d be something so simple lol. Thank you!! 

whiphi

Jump to solution

I experienced this issue and my Roku sound leveling was already disabled.  My issue was experienced most often with movies on YouTube.  I found that my YouTube player settings had Dolby Digital 5. 1 surround enabled even though I was only using only the TV speakers.  I disabled 5.1 surround in YouTube by pressing the Up button and selecting the gear and disabling 5.1 and it fixed the movie playback.