Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bee2

Why is Yellowstone locked on Paramoumt Network.

I subscribed to Paramount to watch Yellowstone season 5 and now I can't see it . How do I get to watch Yellowstone season 5

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
JimRob
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is Yellowstone locked on Paramoumt Network.

We signed up for Paramount+ through Roku to get Yellowstone. A new app appeared under Roku on our TV for Paramount+ under Roku. Within that App there is no mention of Yellowstone. It then showed up on Hulu which then means we have to watch commercials. What does Hulu have to do with this???

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Unless you got the ad-free Paramount+, you would still have ads.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

I’m guessing you mean Hulu with Live TV. That includes the Paramount Network which is showing Yellowstone.

And as you've noticed, neither Paramount+ nor the Paramount Network include 100% of the other's content.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Paramount originally released Yellowstone on its Paramount cable channel, before Paramount+ streaming channel was created. Paramount continues to release new seasons of Yellowstone on Paramount, not on Paramount+.

In order to view Paramount on streaming devices like Roku, the Paramount requires you to be paying for it via a login to a paid "tv provider" account (cable, satellite, etc.) that carries the Paramount channel.

"Hulu" comes into the picture because Hulu's Live TV optional tier is one of the paid subscription streaming services that includes the Paramount cable channel, and so provides access to Yellowstone.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
JimRob
Reel Rookie

Thank you. This explains my question perfectly. I don’t see where to click on “Accept as solution”?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@JimRobwrote:

I don’t see where to click on “Accept as solution”?

That's because @bee2 , not you, posted the original question in this thread. This forum software will only let the original poster (or a Roku moderator) deem what was a solution.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
nancy14

0 Kudos