Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BorglimeMopeZ
Reel Rookie

Why is Laff Tv interrupting Home Improvement episodes every ten minutes with static title screens?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why is Laff Tv interrupting Home Improvement episodes every ten minutes with static title scr...

Hi @BorglimeMopeZ,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely at this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why is Laff Tv interrupting Home Improvement episodes every ten minutes with static title screen

I don't see a channel called Laff, so could you tell us what channel you're using to see this? Most likely you would need to contact whomever offers that channel.

That said, I did look up Laff TV, and they are a content provider that is usually found on secondary OTA TV station channels. So I am assuming you are watching it through Sling or some other TV provider. In that case, it's possible that the problem is with Laff TV itself. It looks like you can get support from Laff here.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why is Laff Tv interrupting Home Improvement episodes every ten minutes with static title screen

@BorglimeMopeZ 

LAFF TV is mostly carried as a subchannel on broadcast stations around the country.  It is also carried by streamers Sling and frndly.

Most such services have set commercial break times where the carrying systems can insert their own commercials.    Most have "fillers" they put into these break times for when the local carrier has not sold the ad time to anybody.  They fill the time with a static screen, promotional ads for other programs carried on the station, or some other short content.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
BorglimeMopeZ
Reel Rookie

Great - thank you all for the near instant and very helpful replies.

In fact I misspoke - I was referring to Roku Live TV's "Laff more!" offering and not "Laff TV", which yes - I do receive from one of my local broadcast affiliates.   

Either way, I guess I should be thankful I can now watch Laff TV content on Roku - WITHOUT the annoying ads (just the much less annoying empty space commercial interruptions).

OK, I will!OK, I will!

Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Both Laff! & Laff More! are part of the Scripps network, Laff More! appears to be Stream Only availability. 

https://scrippsnetworks.com/ 

0 Kudos