Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoZiffer
Level 7

Why is Hulu not working on Roku? App won't open

When I click on the Hulu app/channel it starts to open, then goes back to the Home Screen. All my other channels open fine. 

Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hulu app won’t open

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel installation has gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Jackie758
Level 7

Completed above listed steps. Ensured software update. Still a problem on all three rokus. Other channels open and working fine. 

Pbobst
Level 8

Having same issue since last Roku software download. 

My Roku device is pretty old, maybe Hulu just isn’t compatible anymore ...?

Nbates
Level 7

I even factory reset.. re installed everything.  I'm ready to throw it in the garbage.  

kimgar7
Level 7

We are also having a Hulu problem with our older Roku device, so I'm wondering if you're right. Hulu is working on all other devices - just not the little old dongle 😞

Jackie758
Level 7

I believe you guys are on to something. We have one newer roku tv that is working. But all the older boxes dont work. 

missynth
Level 7

I'm having the same problem. All my other channels work but not Hulu. Sucks to be paying for a service I am unable to use. Please fix this Roku!!

Pbobst
Level 8

Agree - be nice to have it fixed or at least be told our devices are not supported by Hulu service anymore

0 Kudos
Millie88
Level 7

I am having the same issue. I have uninstalled, reset, reinstalled and same thing. The software is up to date, but everytime I try to play something it seems like it’s going to start then goes back to home. This only happens on my older roku. I have a newer roku that Hulu works fine on

0 Kudos