Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crakalac
Binge Watcher

Why does Roku think I want to watch the primaries when selecting a replay of a formula e race?

When I select to watch the Mexico city eprix, instead I get the live coverage of the primaries. Why? 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why does Roku think I want to watch the primaries when selecting a replay of a formula e race?

Hi @Crakalac,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry, but we'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. Kindly provide us with additional information for us to understand it better:

• Which specific channel are you trying to stream this on?
  • Are you saying that it is showing different or wrong content?
  • Can you please send us a photo of the running issue as our reference?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Crakalac
Binge Watcher

Re: Why does Roku think I want to watch the primaries when selecting a replay of a formula e race?

Yes it it showing wrong content. I search for the race on the Roku app on my Chromecast. 

I am able to locate the race replay I wish to view. When I select it I have the option to play or save. When I choose play, the screen flashes the live tv symbol and then dumps me on a live news station instead of playing the selected content. 

1000000553.jpg

1000000555.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Crakalac,

Thank you for the additional information!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. May we know what Roku device you are using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Crakalac
Binge Watcher

This is happening on the Roku app for Chromecast. It is not a Roku device. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Crakalac,

Thank you for confirming!

Please try to remove the channel and re-add it again.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Crakalac
Binge Watcher

Yes this was the first thing I tried. I have just tried again and the issue persists. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Crakalac,

We appreciate you letting us know about this.

Upon checking, the content plays its content on our end, and it is not routing us to different live content. Have you tried reaching out to Chromecast about this? We suggest reaching out to them directly, for they may be able to give you additional assistance on their end about their device.

In the meantime, you can check The Roku Channel website and stream the content on the web without issue to confirm on your end.

Please let us know if there's any additional assistance that we can provide for you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Crakalac
Binge Watcher

Are  you suggesting that Google makes the Roku app for Chromecast.  That's not how this works. 

0 Kudos