Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why does Netflix keep stopping / freezing on Roku?

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nasr555
Reel Rookie

Restart the TV (not from the remote).

Restart is an option on the settings or unplug it and plug it back after 20 seconds.

The above fixed it for me after everything else I tried and failed to fix it.

0 Kudos
Kracken

Delete app, reboot can help.

Going into Netflix account remove your device from list then from app login again can help too.

One in all, without proof, I see that Netflix issue a Netflix problem perhaps trying to do too much vs device capacity while along  coding may be culpitre.

In my experience, automatic preview is the cause to my Netflix crash, freeze, hang up like Netflix can't clean its iwn preview cache  if it were the case of use which then overload the entire use of the app.

As a user. I really wished Netflix was more modular, I would totally stop preview completely as I am 100% under assumption it causes ally issues on 3 roku devices + 1 tcl50 with roku integrated.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kracken,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Netflix channel. We're happy to help. If the issue persists on one channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nasr555
Reel Rookie

People,

Restart your TV (completely reboot it).

That solves the issue for me.

Don't listen to any other recommendations. I tried everything, only rebooting works.

0 Kudos